Sign in to follow this  
mgiuca

Where are the 2 Player Productions SD videos?

I cannot find SD videos anywhere. I have paid for the Amnesia Bundle, so I have access to the HD downloads, but they will be a gigabyte each, and I live in a country with relatively slow Internet and it is capped.

How can I watch them in SD? Episode 0 is available on YouTube on the official channel. I can watch the most recent episode from the Humble Bundle site on Vimeo. But I cannot find any links to the previous episodes on Vimeo. They must exist somewhere if they have been posting them every day. How can I watch these?

I can't download the HD videos either. I have been streaming the Vimeo videos in low quality mode, but the stream only works for the most recent video, I can't work out how to stream the older videos

I'd be more than willing to convert the HD videos to a more SD-friendly format; my server farm at home is currently sitting idle, so it would be no trouble at all. However, I am not sure if the folks at 2PP and/or DF would be okay with that. Perhaps they already have their own plans to offer SD-quality videos?

Should someone from 2PP or DF see this, I certainly don't mind helping out by converting the videos, but I don't want to step on any toes. Let me know if you'd like me to help out and I can have the videos converted in a couple hours. I'd need a place to host them, however.

Yeah I think they are meant to be for people who bought the bundle, so hosting them publicly is probably not good. Thanks for the offer. They must be private videos on Vimeo already, but we're missing the links. All they'd need to do is update the humble page with links to those videos.

Yeah, I've missed a few days now and I don't want to jump ahead to the latest. And downloading 2GB+ for each one doesn't really appeal, considering that my current internet situation is not unlimited.

Any reason why only the latest day is available to stream?

+1 for the HD downloads being too large! :-)

I thought it might be possible to add some Vimeo embedded players right here on the forum, hopefully they wouldn't chew up the same bandwidth as the HD downloads?

Michael

It'd be nice to get a list of links to the videos on Vimeo. Humble Bundle's servers are pretty slow right now.

I suggest you send them an e-mail (Levering@2playerproductions.com). Uploading SD versions should not require too much work.

I already sent a support ticket to Humble Bundle. Haven't heard back.

Edit: I got a response from Humble Bundle:

"Right now it would be a huge technological nightmare to set up, but we are aware of the interest and looking into the option."

Ditto - I'd love to stream the daily wrap-ups from Vimeo instead of having to download each episode.

Hmm, I'm trying to watch them again, and the one episode I was never able to download is Episode 6. Fortunately, I was able to catch it on Vimeo but that's gone now. It's 2 GB (for no reason, since the others are 1 GB and the same length), and it just sits at 0.0 MB downloaded forever. I've tried this from two separate internet connections (both in Australia). I still don't understand why it is so hard to just post links to the already-uploaded Vimeo videos.

Oh man ... Episode 11 is out now, but they still haven't sorted out a streaming / SD solution. So I have to download another 1.2 GB video.

Changes have been made to the Amnesia Fortnight videos, now available to stream and download at various qualities (480p, 720p & 1080p).

Sign in to follow this