Sign in to follow this  
Cheeseness

DF Game Club: Trauma

G'day everybody

The Double Fine Game Club is a community run weekly event where interested gamers play through and come together to discuss what they do and don't like about a particular game (sort of like a book club, but for games). We usually aim to play one or two hours a week, and we normally have somebody streaming the current game so that those who don't have the game or don't feel like playing it again can still feel involved.

Starting Saturday 8th December, we'll be playing through Trauma and discussing what we do and don't like both here in this thread, and in the #DFAdventure IRC channel on Foonetic.net (if you're not sure, just click this link to access webchat from our stream page). The game club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!

Mimness will be streaming the game at the later time of Saturday 9:00pm UTC (click for your timezone), that's 1:00PM PST. If anybody is interested in assisting with streaming, please let us know!

Previous game: Botanicula

8th November, 9:00pm UTC (click for your timezone): Start of game (Stream) and general discussion/dev chat with Krystian Majewski (log)

Next game: Ben There, Dan That?

———————————————————————————————————

ABOUT THE GAME

Trauma_video_game_cover.jpg

Synopsis:

TRAUMA tells a story of a young woman who survives a car accident. Recovering at the hospital, she has dreams that shed light on different aspects of her identity - such as the way she deals with the loss of her parents. TRAUMA lets you experience those dreams in an interactive way, reminiscent of Point-and-Click Adventure Games.

Note:

Trauma is a slight departure from the traditional point-and-click style adventure games we've been playing for Game Club so far. It'll be interesting to see/hear what people think of this one. For anybody who doesn't appreciate it, don't worry. Trauma is a short game, and we'll be back to something more familiar next session.

Where to get online:

Official Trauma Website (Windows, MacOS, Linux - pay what you want)

Steam (Windows, MacOS)

Desura (Windows, Linux)

———————————————————————————————————

The chat can be found here:

IRC Server: irc.foonetic.net

Channel: #DFAdventure

Or click this link to chat in your web browser!

Edited by Cheeseness
Fixed URLs after forum upgrade

Trauma's creator Krystian Majewski has joined us in IRC to talk about the game. Looks like we'll have an interesting chat log this week!

Wow, what a great session that was. Massive thanks to Krystian for joining us - it was great to hear his thoughts and perspectives. Also hidden within the chat log is a link to a Google Map with markers for the locations used in the game.

Next week, Syd will be streaming Ben There, Dan That for us. A new Game Club thread will be up soon.

It'd be great to see some more discussion about Trauma's themes - something we didn't touch a lot on during the session. What were everybody's impressions?

I just wanted to add my own thanks for everyone who tuned in, and massive thanks to Krystian for coming along. If I hadn't been playing the game I would have been bombarding him with questions and admiration.

That was also my first go at game streaming, so cheers for your support, everyone.

:3

I just wanted to add my own thanks for everyone who tuned in, and massive thanks to Krystian for coming along. If I hadn't been playing the game I would have been bombarding him with questions and admiration.

That was also my first go at game streaming, so cheers for your support, everyone.

:3

Thanks Mimness, Krystian and the rest of you! :)