Sign in to follow this  
Razor

I now want this as a permanent daily show

I don't remember who was it that said it on the idle thumbs podcast, but this is finally(?) a reality show that caters to me :[

I catch myself checking on a new episode of DFA / AF all the time now. This stuff is so good, I hope after those two projects 2pp gets another gig at Double Fine for whatever reason. Maybe a successor to the by then hopefully incredibly successful project red?

Also, 2pp do a really good job at selling your company, to me that seems like the best work environment ever imaginable.

Agree. It's my favorite soap - of course, next to SNL's "The Californians"!

I live in Europe, so when they start the stream it's already 7 PM in my timezone & I am at home. I let it run on one monitor and do other stuff.

But I think, sadly, they have somewhat "hit" their popularity wall? As in, the Humble Bundle reached it's peak. The money from this public AF isn't really covering the costs. The actual numbers of stream viewers are not in the 10s of thousands? Of course, I don't know that. Just a guess.

I bet they all will be happy, when the holiday break comes and this sleepless 2 weeks of AF are over? As much fun as it is for us (and maybe, just maybe, a little bit for them too). :)

I'm in europe as well, I don't watch the live stream; I just download the episodes to my nexus 10 and watch them on that one.

Don't know about the numbers, or what they would need to cover their costs. I just hope they could make it work somehow to keep covering development at Double Fine.

As an added bonus this really sells me on their games - I am already a big fan of Brütal Legend, and of course all the oldschool Adventures from way back when but I'm sure as hell getting the games covered at release and not in some sale because I'm so excited to see them in person after knowing what went into them. Getting people involved really does pay off IMO.

Beyond showing what a cool place to work DF seems to be, I wonder if Tim has realized how much the DFA documentary and now livestreaming Amnesia Fortnight has showcased his employees and their talents. Of course, they'll all want to stay where they are, but by making them "famous faces" in the industry, coupled with clear proof of their skills, other developers may start looking at them as cattle rustlers in days of yore would regard an enclosure of prize...er...computer cows? (help, this analogy has gotten away from me!)

Then again, perhaps this is all a part of a grand scheme, to transform the company into a lucrative game developer farm!

A daily show is probably not gonna happen (though it would be FANTASTIC !), but what about a weekly one ? Something like what the Penny Arcade guys did ( http://penny-arcade.com/patv/show/pa-the-series ).

I would happily pay to see that happen. I love the DFA documentaries, and i'm addicted to the Amnesia Fortnight dailies. I just can't imagine being left with nothing to watch when those two projects will be completed ! Maybe you could do another Kickstarter to finance that ?

Anyway, thanks for everything you've done so far, you're just AWESOME ! :D

I gotta disagree. Like any show, there needs to be a break. After this and DFA it'll be time for a break all around.

I'm already looking for next years amnesia forthnight. It's the perfect way to spend the days leading up to xmas vacation at work. Please let this be a tradition for years to come.

Totally agree, just get this thing going daily forever!

I'd totally pay for a weekly update video series, even if it's serialized and split into seasons or something. The way Double Fine runs their company, the way that practically anyone can be project lead (for AF, anyway) is really amazing. I just like the sort of frantic yet structured nature of AF and I really hope that 2pp can keep covering DF in some fashion.

I'd love a regular show too, but one of the problems is that publishers (e.g. Sega for The Cave) wouldn't be quite as willing as DF to have the development process laid bare. I imagine that any and all future fan-funded projects will have associated videos though.

It's also a great recruitment piece for DF. I bet that after this, DF will be among the top choices for budding game makers. That alone is probably worth the expense in the long term, regardless of the revenue from the bundle.

I bet that after this, DF will be among the top choices for budding game makers.

Definitely is if I ever go into the game industry.

Sign in to follow this