Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sectus

Making youtube videos of prototypes

I'm curious if Double Fine is fine with people making youtube videos of the current and upcoming prototypes? For instance playing the Brazen prototype with friends and recording it, or showing off the new prototypes when they're done.

Since they're releasing them to the public, you're probably free to do whatever you wish with them. I'm sure someone at Double Fine must have thought people would do this eventually.

Tim already said I'm allowed to make videos of all the double fine games during the stream chat, but any chance I could have it a bit more formally written? I've had over 100 hours work deleted from youtube already so I'd like to make sure I have permission before putting all my time into it.

I knew it was too good to be true, as soon as I upload I get flagged for deletion. Can I please have official permission so I can get it undone? I work really hard on these :(

Are you sure the takedown is coming from Double Fine? I'd find it pretty surprising if they even have automatic flagging for their prototype games (particularly since games would be harder to flag than movies or music since they're different on each playthrough). It could be whatever music you're using that's the issue.

I knew it was too good to be true, as soon as I upload I get flagged for deletion. Can I please have official permission so I can get it undone? I work really hard on these :(

Oh behalf of Double Fine, I hereby give you official permission to post videos of Double Fine content on YouTube.

Is that good?

Is it some kind of automagic youtube copyright thing? It may also be any music you may add on top of your videos that gets them automatically flagged by those copyright holders. I doubt the DF office is out hunting for youtube videos of their content and automatically flagging videogame content based on image is extremely difficult (although if anybody has a good algorithm for it, it would be google).

Oh behalf of Double Fine, I hereby give you official permission to post videos of Double Fine content on YouTube.

Is that good?

I love you <3

Once these awesome prototypes are released I shall be recording and promoting them on my channel as well, I shouldn't have any issues.

I'll probably use some Brazen or the Costume Quest prototype to announce/intro my run through of the new prototypes.

I'll be doing all the prototypes, I'm also part way through a Stacking LP, and will be working my way through the DF backlog to get myself all excited for The Cave.

Sign in to follow this