Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TomBrien

Things they should have in a full game of Autonomous

I watched the live playthrough of the prototypes, and when they all talked at the end about what was good and what all the games should be, I was like UUGGGNNG!!

Making the robots fight each other is awesome, and it really reminded me of Bioshock how there's this huge wreckin-ball dude stompin' around, but once you know the game you learn how to easily breeze passed them all. Long story short, everything about this feels sneaky and clever.

I think the next place to go with this is to make robots that co-operate with each other. Like maybe 2 of the same mining guys will be able to carry triple as much- or one type of robot can transport another type, or one robot can support another. I'm thinking of the Starcraft 2 protoss guys who just go back n forwards mining all day in this racing swarm, or like a standalone head that'll orbit an existing robot and defend him or whatever.

I thought about robots Voltron-ing into each other, but I can't think of any way that could work.

Also it'd be really funny to have a multiplayer mode where the two players can't harm each other directly. So you'd be running passed each other holding giant torsos just scowling and shaking fists.

Sign in to follow this