Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chrisis123

Prototypes are live!

Just a heads up: The Amnesia Fortnight prototypes are live on humblebundle.com, just log into your account, no Steam yet, but I'm downloading all 5 right now, at this moment!

FYI that these went up a bit prematurely. We're still fixing a few known graphics bugs in Black Lake and White Birch that happen on older cards and we're looking into a possible Win 8 issue for Spacebase and Hack 'n Slash.

We'll update Steam and HiB when everything is g2g.

A happy birthday indeed.

(Now to find a PC that can run the 3D stuff...)

D'oh, and I missed Nathan's post. Delete, delete.

FYI that these went up a bit prematurely. We're still fixing a few known graphics bugs in Black Lake and White Birch that happen on older cards and we're looking into a possible Win 8 issue for Spacebase and Hack 'n Slash.

Yeah I noticed some weird artefacts in White Birch right at the beginning but thought it would be, well it's a prototype after all :). But once I got into the tower it plays fine. And I managed to crash Black lake after about 2 minutes (didn't restart it after), will try later again after the update...

Yeah I noticed some weird artefacts in White Birch right at the beginning but thought it would be, well it's a prototype after all :). But once I got into the tower it plays fine. And I managed to crash Black lake after about 2 minutes (didn't restart it after), will try later again after the update...

Yep, we just fixed that flickering artifact in White Birch (you'd see it in Black Lake, too). The Black Lake crash is being worked on now, as are the Win 8 Moai issues.

Only got through White Birch so far but title screen on 4:3 ratio screen got cutoff similar to the issue in the Brazen prototype, not sure on the others yet.

Yeah running Black Lake crashed about two minutes in for me as well(notable artifacting of the fog). I'll have to wait til the update. Are you guys going to be doing a log of when the most recent update will be put up so I can find out when the issue has been fixed?

As a secondary note I'm running it on Vista SP3, Nvidia GTX260 with drivers up-to-date.

for the Steam key I noticed it says the downloads are thre but when it asks what I want to install I select all then when it tries to install it says app not released (no matter what game) then I click OK nothing happens.

Will I have to keep trying to add the Steam key in later after they are fixed or will the games just show up on my Steam list after they are ready to go?

So is it normal that I don't have Autonomous, Space Base, or Hack n' Slash, but I do have the other two...?

Yes, same for me. DF took them down again - but they will be re-uploaded soon!

Ok, all of our stuff is done. HiB is propping their stuff now and we're working with Steam to get them live there, too.

Oh happy days! But alas, now its only a matter of time before they inevitably ask which one is our favorite. It'll be like picking our favorite children, nevermind the fact that I don't have children to pick between. But most people say that's difficult so I'll take their word for it.

You get the point.

for the Steam key I noticed it says the downloads are thre but when it asks what I want to install I select all then when it tries to install it says app not released (no matter what game) then I click OK nothing happens.

Will I have to keep trying to add the Steam key in later after they are fixed or will the games just show up on my Steam list after they are ready to go?

I have that same problem. Sort of. I activated my key on Steam and got the Costume Quest and Happy Song prototypes, but for the new stuff, I get that same error (and none of them are listed in my library as downloaded). :/

Edit: I'm an idiot. There are direct download links on the AF website. Tried those - Black Lake works perfectly (and I'm hoping the same is true for the rest of them :) )

While the downloads on the Humble Bundle site work, the Steam release still seems to be broken.

The other prototypes don't show up and entering the key again and being offered to download them there it still gives out the "app not released" error.

This is certainly not mission critical - just letting you duders know.

Just so everyone knows, we're just waiting for Valve to press the "go" button on the Steam side. Several of the folks we work with there were out of the office Friday, but hopefully are back today and can press the "make it live" button. All the data is ready!

Ok I have tried out the demos. Whats next? The AF description says we get to decide whats the best prototype...so where do I cast my vote? =)

Ok I have tried out the demos. Whats next? The AF description says we get to decide whats the best prototype...so where do I cast my vote? =)

wrong thread.

@all FYI - you may already know this, but: don't forget to RESTART YOUR STEAM CLIENT later today. All the five new games/prototypes should appear in your Library automatically.

So, no need to punch in the Humble Bundle code a 4th and n-th time.

:)

Sign in to follow this