Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hectate

Prototypes and soundtrack are now available on Humble Bundle!

I logged into my account a few minutes ago and discovered that all the prototypes are listed as available for download! It's such a shame I'm at work right now...

Edit: Aaand I'm not the only one who noticed! That's what I get for working between opening the forums and actually submitting a post. Maybe I should get back to work now, Ack!

Wooohoooo! It's evening here in Sweden and 'm about to go on an all-nighter amnesia fortnight bonanza! yiihaaa

FYI that these went up a bit prematurely. We're still fixing a few known graphics bugs in Black Lake and White Birch that happen on older cards and we're looking into a possible Win 8 issue for Spacebase and Hack 'n Slash.

We'll update Steam and HiB when everything is g2g.

First thing I did was download the soundtrack. Listening to it now, some of it already feels so familiar from the live streams but that doesn't make it less enjoyable. As for the games I'm waiting until the Steam versions are up.

Double Fine, always releasing things early! :D Look forward to 'em...whenever!

Smiles

I happened to grab them all before they got taken down, only played Black Lake and a game of Autonomus so far. They both look amazing! Both ran fine on my machine, don't have that old of a graphics card and have not upgraded to Windows 8 so that might be why they work.

Only tested SpaceBase DF-9 so far. I see a few bugs in it, such as dead spacers not being eliminated from the jobs list.

Only tested SpaceBase DF-9 so far. I see a few bugs in it, such as dead spacers not being eliminated from the jobs list.

Ha, I remember them talking about that in the final part of the live stream.

It's like waking up on Christmas morning to fire up a new console and pop in that first game.

S'dang cool.

tumblr_mf1hpnArmR1ruritao1_r1_1280.jpg

While at it, Space Base also seems to be lacking the instructions.pdf

However, I wouldn't call dead people on job lists a bug - fired them for being lazy

I played some SpaceBase and Blacklake

BlackLake is so amazing the atmosphere and feel of the game was sensational. I loved the secrets and hidden things (white birch beard). It was an incredible experience i really hope the game will continue in development. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I can only download White Birch and Black Lake from humble bundle, the rest isn't available there. Steam also says that the prototypes aren't live and can't be downloaded :( What am I doing wrong?

I can only download White Birch and Black Lake from humble bundle, the rest isn't available there. Steam also says that the prototypes aren't live and can't be downloaded :( What am I doing wrong?

The games were apparently taken down to fix some problems so we'll just have to wait a bit before we can download them. I'm waiting for them to be accessible on Steam before I download.

The games were apparently taken down to fix some problems so we'll just have to wait a bit before we can download them. I'm waiting for them to be accessible on Steam before I download.

Alright, thanks! I was just confused because everyone on twitter said they are live now :/

Ok, all of our stuff is done. HiB is propping their stuff now and we're working with Steam to get them live there, too.

i see only black and withe birch lake ... i want autonomousssss!!

but for now it doesn t matter, I will not despise these gems that have just fallen

i see only black and withe birch lake ... i want autonomousssss!!

but for now it doesn t matter, I will not despise these gems that have just fallen

Yes, I only see those two as well. I've reached out to Humble Bundle again to make sure they prop the other prototypes.

Hey im trying to download these on steam and it says they are not available? It says app not released.

Yes, we need Valve to flip the "go live" switch, and we're just waiting for them to do that. I've emailed them twice already :)

With nearly double the number of files the next contender has, clearly Spacebase DF-9 wins by a landslide. :D

Sign in to follow this