Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sectus

Weird save/load glitch

Whooo, prototypes are out!

... dratty darn, Hack 'n' Slash doesn't actually work for me!

I keep getting this error: "Autosave failed: table index is NaN"

Whenever I die and it's supposed to reload checkpoint or my savestate, it doesn't load at all and it just continues from where I am. This means I don't actually die when I die. For instance, when hitting the flames from the first enemies, I see the dying message, and then the game resumes and I just move forward again. I just got stuck into a loop now where I got found by a guard, and then it resumes, one tick later I get found again and etc...

I'm running XP right now and I've got dualboot set up, so I'll try it in Windows 7 in a bit.

Turns out OS isn't related at all. A simple restart of the game fixed it. Although I did encounter it again in a room later on. I also encountered a bug in the room with the fire spitting enemies (the one you solve by using your usb cable) with the north exit didn't work. And then after restarting I encountered a bug where I got stuck in the world tree (there were no exits in the room, and I could walk outside the room by going through walls which should be blocking me). I don't think the game likes me, grrrrr.

I've had “Autosave failed: table index is NaN” a few times from the original download. For me just trying again or moving rooms seemed to fix it mostly. Didn't have your other problems (apart from world tree a bit). Windows 7.

I had some weird issues with the snapshot feature when I tried to play it. I got the snapshot/restore tools from the dude in the cave and used my first snapshot immediately after getting them. I walked a little to the left and restored to test it out, and it seemed to work fine. Then I went all the way to the castle and stepped on one of those blue pixely tiles to the west of the castle and got the "the world fell apart" messages. It then sent me back to the cave, and I thought, "oh, I should have used the snapshot more often". So I went through the intro routine again and then went to the first screen with the octorok type enemies and took a snapshot, then went and died on the same pixelated blue tiles.

Then the weird stuff started happening. The game sent me back to the cave AGAIN, but this time I didn't have my snapshot/restore tools in inventory?

So I talked to the guy in the cave again and got them back. Took a snapshot, pressed restore to test it, and then I got the "the world fell apart" message I was getting for stepping on the pixelated blue tiles. It sent me back to the cave again, I repeated that entire process and got the same death message when I tried to use restore.

Weird...

This was all in the original uploads that went up prematurely and then got taken down, though. So I don't know if anything changed in the intervening time. I'm about to give it another go. =]

Sign in to follow this