Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tthompson243

Bug after going through tree in castle court yard.

I restarted the game after getting stuck here and I could not get past it both times. So right after you hack your way through the castle to the court yard, you walk through the tree. Once I am in that room, I see 3 tree entrances to the north of the screen. To the east and west it looks like there are paths you can follow. When I walk to the tree entrances, there is no collision there and i walk to parts of the map I am not supposed to and it does not take me to a new room. Also when I try to go to the west and east paths, nothing happens. Anyone else getting this? Unfortunately I can't continue the game :( Great prototype though, I wish I got to see the rest. Brandon and his team did a great job, especially for their team size. I would totally buy the retail game :)

There is only one room included for the world tree sadly. I think they were planning more for it, but just didn't have enough time.

Thanks guys! I never ventured to the left side of the castle after going in the tree, I just thought my game was broken. Now I have more to play!

Is there anything on the left side? I just keep getting world end when I hit those glitches, I'll have to head back and see if there is more.

There is! I'm sure there is a legitimate way to get past the glitches, but I took a hacker's shortcut.

The world has ended glitches are best navigated by hacking or by using the savestate tool. No real purpose to going there until you have decoded the worlds runes first though.

I thought there was some hidden room associated with the world tree. I just get stuck.

Nope what was released of the WorldTree was part of a work-in-progress, and is missing some collision. There is no script associated with it at all, just an incomplete layout. Brandon has written a bit elsewhere on what was intended.

Sign in to follow this