Sign in to follow this  
Bidiot Bales

I can't find the Book!

Count me in the list of people who can't figure out how to find the book.

- I found the Jinn.

- I found the Library.

- I got the time-slowdown device.

- I went up the stairs and found a room full of fireballs, used the time-slowdown device to get through, and found the library proper, but I can't read anything.

- I explored elsewhere in the castle, through a secret passage, and found another room full of fireballs. The pattern of fireballs has a gap in it, and if you activate the time-slowdown device you can stand in the gap as it "travels" upward, but... it doesn't travel all the way. I can't see a way past these fireballs, so I'm guessing this is a room to go through later once i find some other powerup.

What am I missing?

EDIT: What I'm missing is that in the library, there's tiny tiles on the wall next to the stair-case in each room that have an inscription that you can visually compare against the note, even if you can't read what they say.

Can you pick up the book once you find it, or do you just read it and head back to Jinn? Or maybe I didn't really find the book? I was stuck on this for a while earlier today.

I found the book early on in the library by chance, went back to the FIRE-ball-WALL room & was killed while trying to get out.

Respawned in the Fireballwall-room ... (pre-book-find) == I had to search for the book a second time. And I was running around from room to room = no fun.

Made me stop playing yesterday.

I see, I am not part of "your club". Which is ok. Not every game is for everyone.

Think that one is a bug. Found the book, but was not able to pick it up. Based on advice in this thread I restarted the game and tried again. This time is worked.

I found the book early on in the library by chance, went back to the FIRE-ball-WALL room & was killed while trying to get out.

Respawned in the Fireballwall-room ... (pre-book-find) == I had to search for the book a second time. And I was running around from room to room = no fun.

Made me stop playing yesterday.

I see, I am not part of "your club". Which is ok. Not every game is for everyone.

Well... you're not supposed to find it just "by chance". Ideally.

note_zps6425807d.jpg

THIS!

Never in my lifecycle would it ever occur to me to see or look at this! These are not colored ornaments. These are plates/signs - notes, next to the staircase. You can "interact" and read them.

(My bad! Although I am old enough, to have played the old-school games (hence, more familiar, with the game mechanics of such games), I was reading books and chasing girls at that time instead. Meaning, what looks obvious to you, fellow gamer, is unfamiliar to me.)

[edit:] changed the size of the picture

That's what you get for having a life instead of playing games. I hope you've learned your lesson! ;-)

First I was confused by the library puzzle, then bored of it. And in the middle I determined to do it all by trial and error, before I figured out the trick.

Also, the library rooms really need to have some visual differentiation. I thought I was in one of those stupid endless loop puzzles at first, so I almost left the library immediately.

(still excited to keep playing, tho.)

Sign in to follow this