• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
jezzanotabelle

Hints or help?

Loving the game so far, but I'm absolutely stuck at the ironworks section(right after you cross the bridge). I don't get what I'm missing, and getting tired of having to run through the bridge section again and again every time I die trying something(it resets the bridge puzzle every time I die). Are there any hints I can get, or am I simply messing up what should be a basic platforming section jumping up those hexagons?

I'll try to give you a few pointers from what took me a while to figure out (obviously might be spoilers):

- Look at the sides of that claw

- You can act during one animation that might look scripted to you

I'll try to give you a few pointers from what took me a while to figure out (obviously might be spoilers):

- Look at the sides of that claw

- You can act during one animation that might look scripted to you

I'll check out the claw again, but I am a little hesitant after falling through it last time. Thanks for the hints!

Are you supposed to get past the bridge by climbing onto the rock above it and then jumping down to the other side?

All I can get the bridge to do is fall over the wrong way and kill me.

I'm not sure what you mean? I jump onto it and the only controls that seem to do anything are climb up and down? How do I push? Oh, what does "teeter" mean as a noun - the pivot point?

:confused:

Thanks for the help

Edit: Oh, I guess you mean jump off onto the lower path?

yeah, you can do that or just take the path up to the top and jump onto the top edge of the bridge while its still upright.....

Ok, so I figured out the ironworks puzzle, but I must say that puzzle is very confusing. Mostly I think because of the limitations of the prototype more than a bad puzzle, I misunderstood a few things, and didn't look as closely as I should have(which is me just being bad at puzzles haha).

I was also having a hard time with the crane puzzle but I think its mainly because I'm using keyboard and mouse. I just had my first play through and stopped playing at this point simply because I started to get frustrated with having to do the bridge puzzle over and over. I do like the crane puzzle design and I want to see the ending but I think that I just need a little break before I make my second attempt and try the other prototypes.

With all that being said I am really impressed with what you guys were able to come up with in 2 weeks. I see so much potential and possibilities on where this game can go. Great job!

When you are stuck with a sequence, it's best to watch Andy's playing it on the DF AF Twitch Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/doublefine/b/347540708

In the non-Q&A mind of platform & puzzle gamers, you would not expect to interact in a certain invisible "box" to trigger an animation or jump out of one? There are no visible objects you can fall through or invisible objects you can jump through, only to catch and hang on to something else?

The devs had to take some shortcuts to "make it work" in the prototype.

That's why it is confusing and difficult for some.

This is actually where I gave up playing the game for now, not because of the crane puzzle, but because I was sick of doing the bridge puzzle over and over and over again! :P

Sign in to follow this