Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Lee

Autonomous You Tube Tips & Tricks

Hey all,

We put together a few videos that are up on You Tube showing some tips and tricks for playing Autonomous. These are narrated by Geoff Soulis and Brad Muir! Check them out!

These videos just add more excitement, energy and awesomeness to Autonomous and Amnesia Fortnight and PETTY CROOK with SOULLESS MOO-AR.

Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Excellent videos. They really explain the concepts of the game and demonstrate them well.

Really short though, I'd recommend a single compilation vid of all of them instead of spreading 'em out.

I'll have to watch those, since I seem to be unable to figure out how to build an Automaton that harvests energy! Either it does nothing, or shoots me, or tries to defend against other automatons, but is then destroyed in no time (all the ones I build seem never be able to win). Well, I guess that's a result of the lack of balancing typical for a prototype. But in the end I just built one automaton after another, they all got destroyed and it never felt like I progressed in any meaningful way.

Thanks for the videos then! :)

Edit: Okay, just jumped into the game again, because I remembered that my first automaton managed to harvest energy. So okay, I looked how the head was programmed, which was like I thought it would be. Then I programmed that it attacks when it's damaged, and lo and behold, it managed to destroy an enemy automaton! Yeah! Progress!! I have to delve into it again when I have a bit more time, but this game already has a lot to offer at this stage! Cool! :) And I didn't even need a hint...

Edit2: Ah, so apparently you need a certain mining arm? Just read that in another post...like I could remember how the different arm parts look like! :/

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! Yes, you need a mining arm! Any part you pick up has its name and type displayed in the upper right corner. Look for the E-Siphon.

Thanks for this, the Sniper is a great idea. I'm still trying to get the hang of programming a head to do what I want, deciphering all the inputs, but overall, pretty fun nonetheless.

Smiles

Sign in to follow this