Sign in to follow this  
DF Lee

BEST PLAYTHROUGH TIMES

How fast can you beat the game? Take a screen cap and post it here!

I'll kick it off by a play-through that our very own Geoff Soulis did today!

TimeToBeat_zps96914810.jpg

Man Lee, I think you may have just discouraged everyone from posting their times! Geoff sets the bar awful high

Gah, I spent an hour just setting up bodies all around after my first bot had left the starting pen, before I even started trying to get all the energy...

In this particular play though it all seemed to go my way.

I think this was about my 10th play through, can't wait to play more.20121215_132353_resized_zps30b1a500.jpg

Speedruns - they are the antithesis of 'gaming'

"Good doggy - now, catch the ball! GO! RUN!!"

WHEEEEEEE_zpsb1e00aee.gif

That is genuinely frightening.....why won't it stop shaking?! Make it stop!

*Oh dear god, I made two of them...

WHOA STINGER822! Very impressive! Back to work, Geoff!

My first time was around 61 minutes. I did that before I noticed this thread, so no screenshot sadly. With second playthrough that I just "finished," I decided to try to dominate the whole map. Open every gate, harvest (but not necessarily collect from) every power station, and destroy every pre-existing automaton. Eventually the challenge became navigating the map without accidentally picking up the energy from my dead enemies, which would cause me to prematurely win the game. I was having a great time, but right when I finished harvesting the last power station, the game crashed :(

I'd love to see other people's time for accomplishing a similar run. It took me a while, so I'm not quite ready to attempt it again. Maybe after I've checked out some of the other AF prototypes.

Oh and 12:54? That's insanity, Stinger822... you are a crazy person... :)

I finished my first game collecting 7260 in 28:51. The keytar solo was a cool surprise.

I got a 19:40ish clear,but my printscreen button didn't work, and after that, well, alt tabbing out to use paint counted as an any key.

I got 2500 energy points before I build my second robot. In fact, I found that to be great, walk around until you find parts worthy of starting with, and trick as many robots as you can along the way (suicide hammer guys are great free energy).

Gotta say, I love this game. I think it could work as a thing where you have to beat multiple levels, with each new level upping the damage you take and swapping out different sets of the robot primitives. You could even keep the one life thing, or if you prefer, an old school Mario life system, there's enough about this game that makes it different from what's out there.

I got a 19:40ish clear,but my printscreen button didn't work, and after that, well, alt tabbing out to use paint counted as an any key.

Making Autonomous Screenshots with Steam Client installed

steamautonomous_zps7ef65a56.jpg

Until the Steam keys are released, you can add Autonomous to Steam as a Non-Steam game:

Steam Menu -> Games -> Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library ...

A message box pops up and you browse to your Autonomous directory and select the Auto.exe

You have to have Steam-Overlay enabled (Steam -> Settings -> In-Game -> Enable Steam Community In-Game ... and you can make screenshots until your fingers start bleeding ... or you run out of e n e r g y (Autonomous-joke! ... ok, lame one)

Making Autonomous Screenshots with Windows Snipping Tool

Otherwise, Windows Vista, Win7 and Win8 all come with a screenshot tool. It's called Snipping Tool. Type it in your Windows Search. Make a shortcut to the tool on the desktop and then drag the shortcut to your taskbar. ALT+ENTER[edit] out of Autonomous Fullscreen mode into Windowed mode (nice feature, btw - works with all 3 AF 3D games) and take a screenshot.

Slowly getting there - seems that it is merely a question of seed and less of skill now to cut that down...

th_autonomous_win2_zps1faddb2b.png

LIES!!!!

Oh wow, would you please stop there and give us some time to catch up :D!

Duder, I totally caught up!

2012-12-16_00002_zpsf02abe7abc_zpsefe159fd.jpg

LIES!!!!

TRUE LIES!!!

I can see that this is clearly a fake as it is saying "Amnesia Fornight 2012" and not Fortnight!

LIES!!!!

TRUE LIES!!!

I can see that this is clearly a fake as it is saying "Amnesia Fornight 2012" and not Fortnight!

Snap! Damn it! Something must be wrong with my early build version?! Or my new MSPaint controller has a driver issue? :P

LIES!!!!

I don't think I have a choice. I'll be lucky to top that one. :P

I've been able to whittle my time down a bit more. I've got my first under 10 minute run.

2012-12-16_00008_zps2d7b2ac2.jpg

BAM!

I'm definitely into taking my time. I think I spend more time building bots and running around than trying to complete objectives so far. Ha.

Smiles

...but isn't that the objective?

I don't do anything myself - I've got some automatons to do my bidding.

LIES!!!!

TRUE LIES!!!

Snap! Damn it! Something must be wrong with my early build version?! Or my new MSPaint controller has a driver issue? :P

After I read this, I realized that ALL of the screenshots have spelled "Fornight", and not Fortnight.

It seems a typo found its way into the credits :P

After I read this, I realized that ALL of the screenshots have spelled "Fornight", and not Fortnight.

It seems a typo found its way into the credits :P

Of course,

it was just a joke* ;)

(*or some really elaborate conspiracy)

I was having trouble taking screenshots, had a time of 11:04 but Steam took the screenshot of it after the time screen when I pressed F12, print screen just takes black screens.

http://imgur.com/MdSqM

For speed runs I just bait bots, especially melee ones to hit other bots, then make as many mining bots as I can, preferably floating, 2 armed, run away from damage mining bots.

Sign in to follow this