• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
SirDregan

Just finished the prototype twice

Hey White Birch Team!

Amazing job, really. I just downloaded all the prototypes and played yours first because honestly - I didn't like your idea very much at the beginning. I just thought it was okay and didn't expect much. But after seeing what your team has done (especially in the audio and puzzle design section) is really amazing. I thought the puzzle design was genius and needed no explanation. I never felt really stuck and it took me the perfect amount of time to figure out how things work. I also loved turning the camera for the first time and seeing the massive interior and the way up seeming endlessly long. Great feeling, didn't really expect that from a two-week prototype. The atmosphere is so cool, and the crow-scene? Mad props to the sounds guy, great job! I can see this grow into a full-fledged project, your prototype convinced me now.

There are just two things I disliked during my playthroughs, but I understand they were just there because of the short development time:

I really loved walking slowly but there is just really slow and running. More different / fluid running speeds would be really great.

The other thing is: dropping of a ledge should only be happening after I press down for a long enough time (about 1 sec. I suppose) to prevent falling if not intended.

Sign in to follow this