Sign in to follow this  
elmuerte

Low morale

When my inhabitants reach 0 morale they get stuck and won't budge. This is a huge drag as the number of active people starts dropping due to meteor attacks.

Does anyone have some hints to "fix" this?

(btw, during one of my earlier games everybody was murdered, yes everybody ;))

When my inhabitants reach 0 morale they get stuck and won't budge. This is a huge drag as the number of active people starts dropping due to meteor attacks.

Does anyone have some hints to "fix" this?

(btw, during one of my earlier games everybody was murdered, yes everybody ;))

The best solution is to make sure everyone has jobs, that all jobs are covered, and that you have gardens, pubs/resturants, and sleeping quarters for everyone. Also, keep expanding to new areas so that you get fresh faces into the base. Just beware of the dangers that lurk in the deep darkness of space...

Everybody had jobs and there was plenty of room and I was expanding rapidly, still morale dropped to zero and people stopped responding.

... dangers that lurk the the deep darkness of space? Haven't found that stuff yet, guess I will need to spend some more time :)

Everybody had jobs and there was plenty of room and I was expanding rapidly, still morale dropped to zero and people stopped responding.

... dangers that lurk the the deep darkness of space? Haven't found that stuff yet, guess I will need to spend some more time :)

Yeah, there is a "morale sink" in the game that can get out of hand where everyone bums everyone out and then everyone gets more bummed and then, well, it's a very sad base indeed.

Have fun looking for dangers!

I think rather than a "morale death" (becoming immobile) zero morale should just slow the citizen to a crawl. That way they have a chance of getting to a pub or garden to relax before they just lie down and die.

Of course, there's a lot of little balance tweaks and functionality ideas that can emerge from a game like this -- like Minecraft or Dwarf Fortress it makes sense to grow and tune as you go. What we see here is the rawest form of the idea, its initial pitch. I can see this going amazing places in time.

I think rather than a "morale death" (becoming immobile) zero morale should just slow the citizen to a crawl. That way they have a chance of getting to a pub or garden to relax before they just lie down and die.

Oh yes please! I'm having fun playing it but I run into this problem way to often. It always seems to be a chain reaction: One doctor gets killed, the other one has morale 0 and then the people who are sick won't get treated etc.

I'm discovering that people can be displeased about their jobs, so I found that job rotation tends to help.

Even still, on my very first playthrough, I had a crew member murder another in the first 5 minutes!

Sign in to follow this