Sign in to follow this  
Vic Romero

Playthrough questions [spoilers].

A general thread for chumps like me who get stuck.

I explored for a while and got lost, then restarted and followed the trail proper. I managed to get to the sleeping fox, but I couldn't repair any dreams even though I was playing the proper accordion tune. Am I supposed to play the music at the sleeping fox's location, or elsewhere?

You need to play at the locations of the broken dreams, and you need to keep playing a little longer than it looks like you should. After a couple of seconds of looking fixed it'll emit some pink fog and actually be fixed.

Right. If you're just standing by the fox playing the dream mend tune, that's not how it works. There are lots of translucent blue set pieces around that are sort of like "ghost props" that represent what the fox is dreaming. Most of these are solid objects, with a few solid animals moving around (e.g. the fish).

However, there are three "torn" pieces with wavering holes in them. One is sorta behind the fox, the other is a little ways off to the left of the fox being defended by a bramble fox. The last one is a little off to the right of the fox being defended by another bramble fox.

You have to run up close to all three torn pieces and play the song until it repairs itself. But mind the bramble foxes, of course.

Huh, odd, I always thought the bramble foxes tore the dream apart again? If that even makes sense? That's why I couldn't figure out how to stop them from doing that and was surprised when the game was suddenly over. I guess then you just had to fix it for longer than it looked like.

Huh, odd, I always thought the bramble foxes tore the dream apart again? If that even makes sense? That's why I couldn't figure out how to stop them from doing that and was surprised when the game was suddenly over. I guess then you just had to fix it for longer than it looked like.

The Bramble foxes are Regular foxes who have had all of their own dreams devoured. They miss having their own dreams and want to consume any dreams they can find. And Yeah, just fix it longer. We ran out of time and could have made that more clear.

I couldn't figure this out either, I ended up just doing a lap around the dream area everywhere while playing the song and then put the monster to sleep and hit the area by him and it triggered the end of the game, so I must have hit everything. It's harder to see where you're supposed to go with all the crazy dream effects going on.

Obviously that's something you'd pick up in testing pretty quickly if this was made this into a full game.

I had the same issue. I was running around the dream area playing the repair song but couldn't see any obvious place to target. I will probably play through one more time to try and finish now that I know there are 3 places I am looking for.

I was stumped for a little while at this point too, but it wasn't longer than a minute before I noticed that some of the dream objects had a different pattern to the others.

I figured out the knock out foxes and repair the holed pieces, but it just doesn't seem to work for me. You can'r seem to make her to stand still even when I let go.

Is this prototype even remotely beatable without a controller?

I am glad I was able to figure out the path and really enjoyed that though.

Haven't found the campsite yet though.

A map showing where you've been is definitely something that needs to be added if/when things go to full game.

I figured out the knock out foxes and repair the holed pieces, but it just doesn't seem to work for me. You can'r seem to make her to stand still even when I let go.

Is this prototype even remotely beatable without a controller?

I am glad I was able to figure out the path and really enjoyed that though.

Haven't found the campsite yet though.

A map showing where you've been is definitely something that needs to be added if/when things go to full game.

When I put the cursor over her she stops for me. I agree that movement should be on holding down a mouse button or toggle. I don't think a map is a good idea, getting back to the last clue on the trail button is good enough, adding a map detracts from the wandering the woods feel of the game.

When I put the cursor over her she stops for me. I agree that movement should be on holding down a mouse button or toggle.

Nah, I disagree. The sparkle-chase control is really cool and easy to use. She stops when you put the cursor over her or if you hold down the left mouse button. The speed at which she walks corresponds to the distance from her body you place the sparkle. I like it. =]

I don't think a map is a good idea, getting back to the last clue on the trail button is good enough, adding a map detracts from the wandering the woods feel of the game.

I might, however, agree with this. As long as there are enough recognizable landmarks around to allow you to build a good mental map, I think a lack of a map on the HUD would be just great. In fact, avoiding a constant HUD altogether is only for the best in an immersive world.

you can put the bramble foxes to sleep by playing a lullaby you know

then you can repair the dreams easier

Sign in to follow this