Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AwesomeOcelot

Suggestion for full game: Hard Reset/Doom 3 style screens + mouse cursor control.

A lot of the interface is already integrated into the game world, these FPS games lead the way with this kind of concept. I'd also like more keyboard short cuts and a keyboard driven interface, even a command line sort of thing. I would like the option to edit the head programming without reassembling the robot, just stunning it or being able to do it while its attached but not activated, perhaps this feature wasn't implemented because it was easier initiate on one event.

Are you referring to that awesome thing in Doom 3 where you seamlessly go from FPS mouse-looking to controlling an in-world mouse cursor? I LOVE THAT. :D!

I think we would definitely look into more complex and contextual ways of programming the head / energy distributions that don't involve a complete overlay. I know that Lee wanted the head inputs to be bit DIP switches on the back that you have to physically fiddle with! Awesome!

You must check out Hard Reset if you like Doom 3's cursor, they do something similar but way more awesome.

YouTube examples (from WTF is... Totalbiscuit's channel):

It's frightening to think what you guys could do in 4 weeks.

Sign in to follow this