Sign in to follow this  
this field blank

Annddd back to our regularly scheduled programming

DFA'ers: How did Amnesia Fortnight change the way you think about DFA? Do you see new things you want in the game which you previously did not? Was it generally refreshing or it is tiring to go back to the same ol' same ol'? Just interested in hearing your responses.

Woohoo!

The best part of DFA for me was always going to be the writing. The AF prototypes didn't have loads of that (though the spaceface feeds and intro to black lake were great, they weren't witty adventure game dialog). So I now see DFA as a complement to the other potential projects in the pipeline.

I feel so much more engaged with Double Fine after AF. I also think 2PP have changed after doing the AF videos, and I'm curious to see how that comes through in the DFA videos. I'm also looking forward to the AF wrap-up video if/when that happens.

Kinda strange that I feel more hyped about a few of the Amnesia Fortnight games than DFA.

Probably because so much of DFA is still behind the curtain, whereas full prototypes for all the AF games are all out there and we can imagine in our minds how they could expanded upon.

I think its interesting to see just to understand how the team dynamic at DF works. I haven't really been ring side to see sort of a pitch-> prototype deal so I think it was pretty informative.

I'm with thefro. I only saw a few of the AF videos and haven't played the prototypes yet, but seeing actual gameplay made me feel more connected to these projects.

The DFA documentary is like, well, a documentary: it's slower and more considered, and 2PP are trying to tell a story that explains something about how game-development works.

The AF videos are more like reality television: there was no time for consideration, you just got a daily-dose of whatever happened that day, and you have to piece together the threads of story yourself. It's a whole lot more immediate and in-the-moment, which is exciting, but it's harder to step back and figure out what the big picture is.

I'm genuinely glad I got to watch the AF videos and I had a great time doing so, but I'm looking forward to DFA's higher-level overview of what's going on. It's certainly given me more of an understanding of what all the People Who Aren't Tim are doing for DFA.

Sign in to follow this