Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anemone

Simultaneously connected/not connected to LIVE...?

I just purchased [del]Trenched[/del] Iron Brigade tonight on Xbox Live, but I'm having an issue that I don't know how to fix.

I'm connected to Xbox LIVE (hence how I purchased/downloaded the game) and am signed into my profile and can play the game just fine in single player, but every time I start up the game, I get a message saying "Communications with Xbox LIVE could not be established. Online play is unavailable for this game session."

This is weird, because when I pop the Xbox Guide open, it shows that I'm connected and signed in. I even walked over to my router and unplugged the cable, which immediately gave me the "DISCONNECTED FROM XBOX LIVE" message, which means that I must have been connected to it before...?

Maybe it's some weird issue with my router that's never come up until now (I almost never use LIVE for anything), but I'm a little confused. Anyone have any guesses what the issue might be? Thanks.

I just purchased [del]Trenched[/del] Iron Brigade tonight on Xbox Live, but I'm having an issue that I don't know how to fix.

I'm connected to Xbox LIVE (hence how I purchased/downloaded the game) and am signed into my profile and can play the game just fine in single player, but every time I start up the game, I get a message saying "Communications with Xbox LIVE could not be established. Online play is unavailable for this game session."

This is weird, because when I pop the Xbox Guide open, it shows that I'm connected and signed in. I even walked over to my router and unplugged the cable, which immediately gave me the "DISCONNECTED FROM XBOX LIVE" message, which means that I must have been connected to it before...?

Maybe it's some weird issue with my router that's never come up until now (I almost never use LIVE for anything), but I'm a little confused. Anyone have any guesses what the issue might be? Thanks.

No sure what the problem is, but I think it's something on the system/config side, not in the game. Do you have an Xbox Live Gold account? That's required for multiplayer. And if you have one, make sure that account is the one that's signed in.

Oh, it's an account permissions problem. Shows how much I use live! *noob question*

That explains the confusing message, though, and now I'll know which account to use when I'm ready to multi. Thanks!

Been anti Xbox lately so I can't rightly answer this in the affirmative :|

WE SHALL SEE, either way we had our hours upon hours and the game still exists for 'reunion' games :P

Had a fun game of 4 last night. Not sure if I would call it a "reunion" game as the others had only been playing for 6 months (or less) but it was still a good time.

Another new kid asked me to play this coming Saturday in the afternoon (GMT-5) so we'll be looking for squadmates then.

I've been playing off and on lately too. I was surprised by how easy it still is to find a game.

I'm with ya on that. For a lesser known title with this much age on it you'd think it'd be dead.

Thankfully bears on mars increase game lifespans.

Sign in to follow this