Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GOM.

several problems

Hi !

Great job for this Amnesia fortnight \o/

now i really want to play those game :)

but i have 2 issues, the first one i can't launch the white Birch and the Black swan (didn't try Autonomous yet) i'm on windows 7 64bit but it keeps me saying that the "d3dx9_43.dll" is not build to run in windows blablabla so after trying to reinstall directx, i figured an other solution, running those game on steam !

But here is my second problem, i activated my steamkey at the very begining of the humble bundle operation and so, none of those new (wonderful) prototype games apear on my (astonishing) library of game and when i try to sneak over steam like by reactivating my key it tells me that i'm not aloud to download the other game :'(

here is my fantastic life.

Did someone has an idea ?

regards,

Gom.

As far as I know as of right now the prototypes aren't active on Steam yet. It should be done at some near future point but I have no idea where.

As for your initial problem it certainly looks like a DirectX problem (just going on the problem file part). It could be that you're missing an older version of DirectX, probably 9 as you could just have 10 or 11 on a Windows 7 PC.

There's no installer in the humble bundle versions, but we always ship the necessary support installers in a redists sub-folder. If you run all the installers in there, you'll be up and running no prob.

Also, the games are up on Steam now and they have an auto-config process that will run those installers for you (if necessary).

well Thanks everyone,

I must have a deeper problem because the directx 9 install didn't work and even through steam nothing happens (click and then nothing)

i'll try to figure out later,

cheers, ^^

Sign in to follow this