Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bidiot Bales

Steam release?

When are the prototypes having a steam release? I'm waiting on them. Thanks.

Yep, we're waiting, too. Someone at Valve needs to press the big green "go" button and then we're off!

Double Fine: "Push the Button!"

Valve: "No, don't push it!"

Double Fine: "Yes do push the button!"

Valve: "I'm warning you, don't push that button!"

(Portal 2 reference)

Double Fine: "Push the Button!"

Valve: "No, don't push it!"

Double Fine: "Yes do push the button!"

Valve: "I'm warning you, don't push that button!"

(Portal 2 reference)

this was a triumph

i'm making a note here

huge success.

At last!! ^^

Downloading via Steam now! At last!!

?? its up? really? :S

edit: oh wow. iv been waiting days for the steam release, checking the page every day for the steam keys and whatnot. didnt even release they were auto added to my library.

well don't i feel stupid. :|

Will "The White birch" (And the other games) achievements be put into steam achievements?

This may get a few of the more obsessive people to dig out secrets and then vote for that game come the BIG choice day.

Hopefully DF are able to draw stats on playtime and success levels to help get more than 1 of these games made.

Will "The White birch" (And the other games) achievements be put into steam achievements?

This may get a few of the more obsessive people to dig out secrets and then vote for that game come the BIG choice day.

Hopefully DF are able to draw stats on playtime and success levels to help get more than 1 of these games made.

future-guy-200x200.jpg

Isn't the "Achievement" in White Birch just a fake mock-up? In fact, they never ever talked about having the prototypes hooked up with Steam Achievement code. Why would they? Making such excellent prototypes in such a short time was hard enough.

But, as far as stats and user tracking goes, I am all with you! I suggested in another thread-post, they should have a sort of framework or guidelines, they could implement in all their prototypes from now on, which would generate log-files they could pull from us. So far, the non-steam exe's are sending "something" back to DF (you had to click yes/no for through Firewall access in Windows). Probably just playtime.

Sign in to follow this