Sign in to follow this  
jansenjfa

PS3 controller for Windows

Sorry for my question which is kind of off topic, but some prototypes don't play well without a gamepad.

Since I don’t have a gamepad for my windows laptop, I decided to look into using my PS3 controller. I found this ‘DS3 tool’ (motioninjoy, which has a sixaxis driver), installed everything, and the only way it worked was using the Xbox setting (paradoxally….).

Anybody has any tips how to improve my experience of these great games on a windows laptop using a PS3 controller? :)

Jaap

[repost from White Birch thread]

I've been using motionjoy in order to utilize my ps3 controllers for a long time. I believe it works great, and had no problems using it for the amnesia games which needed it.

You're also correct in that it also only works when selecting the xbox profile. On your DS3 tool you can go in under settings and make sure that all your buttons are functioning. I have not remapped anything instead just using the default ds3 settings.

thanks for the reply.

For me the default xbox settings don't let me look around in the white birch... Walking works fine though

Any ideas?

The Withe Birch camera is not fixed, I can look around just fine with my ps3 controller using motioninjoy and the xbox 360 emulation setting. The DS3 tool is a bit buggy for me though, it won't actually save the xbox emulation setting even though that option is highlighted. Press the "game controller panel" button and make sure you see "controller(xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows)".

If it's called something else (like "Motioninjoy virtual game controller"), go back and click the pink "enable"-button with the xbox 360 emulation setting highlighted and it should work.

I have a 3rd party XBox controller which has worked perfectly with other games, and with the Amnesia Fortnight games, it does not work. Since I have a Dualshock, I have tried MotioninJoy (works with other games - I was playing Limbo with it just fine) and again, it doesn't work with the AF games. What could the issue be?

So I fixed this issue by doing a Windows 8 "Refresh". I had to re-install all my third party programs, but now the AF prototypes can work with my 3rd party XBox controller

Sign in to follow this