Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Reid_Harris_Cooper

Can't get Hack n Slash to work (only prototype not working for me)

After loading up Run.bat, the Amnesia Fortnight screen opens after some difficulty at finding a debug in cmd.exe, it then just sits there, at windowed only.

The music plays and loops but the game just never starts.

My system has played Black Lake, Autonomous, Space Base and White Birch without issue (other than the issues the prototypes have as a whole in being awesome but incomplete and still buggy, but functional).

Here's a screen shot of what the cmd.exe loads.

8286707366_11a04d9e03_o.jpg

I tried running it as administrator and that actually ended up running nothing then closing the command without the OpenGL opening.

Just in case its something obvious, make sure you're actually hitting a key. Unlike the other games the first screen doesn't go away on its own and doesn't have the 'press any key to continue' text on it. But yeah that's a strange message so probably something else going on.

Just in case its something obvious, make sure you're actually hitting a key. Unlike the other games the first screen doesn't go away on its own and doesn't have the 'press any key to continue' text on it.

That was it. I was sitting there waiting for it to switch over.

Now the question, which I also had with Spacebase...

Is there a keycode to set it for full screen mode?

Since this is the Moai build for 2 that REDS is using, it's a bit disconcerting that doesn't seem to be automatic in there.

It isn't QUITE the same build. It's also set in "debug" mode so you can see what errors are going on in that console. That's probably part of the full screen issue.

That error looks like an issue trying to position the window on the screen. Could you PM me what your monitor setup is like? Resolutions, mirrored monitors, etc?

Is there a keycode to set it for full screen mode?

Since this is the Moai build for 2 that REDS is using, it's a bit disconcerting that doesn't seem to be automatic in there.

Doesn't look like there's a keycode in there currently, however the MOAI build appears to have working fullscreen support underneath. If you were to install the console implementation I posted else where the the following commands toggle a working fullscreen mode.

MOAISim.enterFullscreenMode()

MOAISim.exitFullscreenMode()

So just needs some keybinds (usual Alt-Enter etc) or a configuration screen added to get the usual type of support, I imagine that stuff might be in the REDS codebase, but perhaps Hack n Slash was based on a clean copy of DF's MOAI code.

Sign in to follow this