Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Kinect Party in Australia & New Zealand

Umm.. I'm going to totally jinx this - but the most recent email from msft tells me that it's close. Tim has personally been talking to various people over there to get the issue escalated and I really think there are only one or two remaining issues and it'll be out. Of course I'm at a loss as to what exactly those "issues" are, and why the whole process went from 2 weeks to 3 months...

Still - we will get this thing done if it's the last thing we do!!!

(EDIT: Hopefully this is not the last thing we do.)

There is a possibility it released today!? If anyone has a free moment, mind checking for it on Xbox Live Marketplace?

There is a possibility it released today!? If anyone has a free moment, mind checking for it on Xbox Live Marketplace?

The DLC is there but the game doesn't appear to be... much to my frustration after paying 400 points for what I thought was the game only find it was just an unlock for a non existent item. :(

The DLC is there but the game doesn't appear to be... much to my frustration after paying 400 points for what I thought was the game only find it was just an unlock for a non existent item. :(

Oh. My. God. You HAVE to be kidding me!!!! This is absolutely outrageous I'm about to send this info to everbody at Microsoft, as well as Tim Schafer, who can send it even higher up the chain. But before I do, and I apologize in advance I'm asking for a favor on top of costing you those points, but can you check out the online store for MS and confirm that these downloads aren't available?

kp_downloadhelp.png

kp_downloadhelp.png.f6080befee4806ea2ccc

I don't have an Xbox. I have to ask my SIster in Law to look it up.

But on the NZ xbox live website http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-NZ/Product/Kinect-Party/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841125c

I see

Kinect Party

RELEASE DATE: 22/03/2013

SIZE: 108 KB

Description | Share this

800 points

and

Kinect Party

RELEASE DATE: 22/03/2013

SIZE: 108 KB

Description | Share this

400 Points

I'm not sure if thats the same as on the xbox store itself.

I assume the 400 point one is for people who already have DF:HAT, but it doesn't say that anywhere.

Oh that's super helpful - thanks so much for the link, I actually didn't realize I could get to the NZ marketplace page from the US. Bringing in the big guns - those are named incorrectly, and you're absolutely right, it doesn't look like the "Base Game" is there at all. :((((

What a frustrating twist to this already frustrating saga.

Oh that's super helpful - thanks so much for the link, I actually didn't realize I could get to the NZ marketplace page from the US. Bringing in the big guns - those are named incorrectly, and you're absolutely right, it doesn't look like the "Base Game" is there at all. :((((

What a frustrating twist to this already frustrating saga.

I've logged a complaint via Xbox support to get it sorted out as well. After they confirmed the issue I was told it was being escalated but still... How can this happen? Been told that they will either get the game out or refund my points. I will get it regardless (my son LOVES DFHAT) but I'd hate to see this impact negatively on the game here.

On the Australian Xbox Live website (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-AU/Product/Kinect-Party/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841125c) I see one DLC at 800 points, one at 400, and 28 for 80 points (individual games I'm guessing). All the DLC shows up under new releases for add-ons, but the game doesn't appear under arcade, either in new releases or under "K" in the A-Z listing, but a listing for the game does show up if I search for it specifically (it's not an autosuggestion in the search) but that only has an option to buy the DLC, not the game. Possibly related: I can't seem to find DFHAT any more - didn't that get removed when KP launched in other territories?

@Doublefan - thanks for logging the complaint! Wish I could also share the other thread I have going with Microsoft. There are lot of very important people aware of the problem, I'm hopefully when people come in Monday morning it will be promptly fixed.

@Slashee - I think you're right - they likely pulled DFHAT down when Kinect Party went up to prevent a different, and also annoying consumer problem: If DFHAT stays up then people can buy Kinect Party and DFHAT without realizing Kinect Party includes DFHAT. Of course - that only matters if you can actually get Kinect Party...

Once you guys pointed out the NZ marketplace portal I can see from the states, I was able to spot the missing DLC package pretty quickly.

On the US page, you can see the "base game": http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Kinect-Party/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841125c?Page=2

But on the NZ page, it's not there at all: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-NZ/Product/Kinect-Party/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841125c

Well, at least that's the current, hopefully "soon to be fixed" situation.

Dear Microsoft,

Australians are people too.

Just people who say "strewth" and "mate" a lot.

This doesn't make us any less important.

Sincerely,

Australia

Dear Microsoft,

Australians are people too.

Just people who say "strewth" and "mate" a lot.

This doesn't make us any less important.

Sincerely,

Australia

And Australians also have all manner of nasty creatures that they can send you through the post!

Don't you have spiders that can eat crocodiles or something? :)

The best we have in New Zealand is parrots that

and steal passports and wallets...which does sound kind of cool now that I think of it.

And Australians also have all manner of nasty creatures that they can send you through the post!

Last time I tried to mail a drop bear they told me it was too big, so I just set it loose in Sydney airport.

Our animals really aren't that bad though, we treat them well, and certain farm animals aren't aren't afraid of us, unlike yours.

Our animals really aren't that bad though, we treat them well, and certain farm animals aren't aren't afraid of us, unlike yours.

Priceless.

Yeah, I may have gone over the line there. Sorry.

Now how about some of that ANZAC spirit as we team up against those who deny us DFKP?

I'd tell you the story about the Kiwi and the Aussie who were driving through a sheep station together...but this is a family friendly forum!

So, yeah, ANZAC high five!

@Doublefan - thanks for logging the complaint! Wish I could also share the other thread I have going with Microsoft. There are lot of very important people aware of the problem, I'm hopefully when people come in Monday morning it will be promptly fixed

I was in the same boat. Australia. Spent 400 pts on the Add on. But...no base game. So far it doesn't look like any action from MS which must annoy you even more than your customers. Anyhow, I got onto their Chat support and had the 400pts credited back to my account so that would be my advice to anyone else in this spot. Please get MS to remove all the add-ons from the Oz site as there is no point in them being there. When it finally does get released I'm certainly hoping to repurchase.

Got an email from Microsoft/Xbox support telling me they've refunded my points (which I've confirmed). However they gave no indication as to when the game will become available in Australia. The DLC is still visible (via xbox.com) which doesn't help... posting a drop bear might become necessary to help improve the situation.

Who works at Microsoft? Honestly!

I put in a complaint too. I got a live support guy I talked to to escalate the issue to someone who I hoped might be able to do something.

Got a response today.

[PR fluff about apology, trusting his team, highest priority, fluff]

"I have checked the marketplace it seems that only the add-ons which requires the Kinect Party is available in your current region at

this time."

[PR fluff about how I am a valued customer and I shouldn't hesitate to contact him again if I need any more assistance]

What? What does that even mean? "...it seems that only the add-ons which requires the Kinect Party is available in your current region at this time." I understand the individual words, but all together they not much sense make!

I was very clear about the issue. Repeating myself AGAIN. *sigh* Why do I try to explain things to these people? Also...I wonder how hard it is to get one of these jobs. Seems like an easy way to make money. They just sit there pasting bits of fluff into emails and pressing send!

yO4b4yB.jpg

BOOYAH! It's up!

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!

The names still need fixing. But the base game is now there.

Interesting... It's finally up in NZ: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-NZ/Product/Kinect-Party/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841125c

So I assume that folks that already purchased DFHAT in NZ or AU don't get the automagical upgrade to Kinect Party as over the Christmas period there was the free upgrade from DFHAT peeps?

The differences between the 400 point one which on the US site lists "Kinect Party - Full Unlock for DFHAT Owners": http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-NZ/Product/Kinect-Party/040f8602-737a-4331-9333-06857b472700

But that's not at all obvious on the NZ one :(.

And the 800 point one: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-NZ/Product/Kinect-Party/d33d0667-6135-4129-8ea1-320491cffe87

Which on the US slite lists: "Kinect Party - Full Unlock"

Also the "Kinect Party Trailer" in the US: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Kinect-Party-Trailer/5e4cb186-2e92-4d69-901d-f1fcf7116c1c

Is missing in NZ.

Seems to me also the descriptions got lost in the post somewhere.. :(

Also I would be interested to know if some of the add-ons are new levels that don't come with the full unlock, or just individual level unlocks if people don't want to pay for the full unlock.

Also I would be interested to know if some of the add-ons are new levels that don't come with the full unlock, or just individual level unlocks if people don't want to pay for the full unlock.

It's the latter, I believe.

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/8560/

"Those DLC content license are for people who want to download a few specific Channels rather than the whole game. If you already unlocked the full Kinect Party (as in you no longer see any scrambled Channels when playing the game), then you don’t need to download these DLC items!

I realize it’s a bit confusing, but the only way to sell individual channels is by making a content license for each of them."

Hey All! Sorry for not responding sooner - I was sucked in the vortex of GDC.

First off apologies once again for the grand, confusing, finale to our KP adventure. But it sounds like everything is functional now (even though those 2 names are incomplete and the trailer is missing). If anyone is running into additional issues, can you let me know?

You guys are seriously the best for sticking with it!!! We are The Fellowship of the Kinect Party.

I'm in AU and was waiting for this to become available. I picked it up for my nephew (a big DFHAT fan) when it became available and he LOVES it. Thanks to everyone involved :)

I picked it up for my nephew (a big DFHAT fan) when it became available and he LOVES it.

Wooohoo!!! That is wonderful to hear :D !!!

Sign in to follow this