Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
VigorousBog

Steam Update

A 3.2MB update just went out ~8:30 EST.

Apparently the Autonomous Prototype now has three achievements associated with it - the summary page doesn't show (yet)

It'll be interesting to see what they are.

Or by their appropriately retro names:

Berzerker 2.0 (<30 minutes)

Robo-Star (<60 minutes)

Automa-Tron 3000 (<15 minutes)

(it all showed up after rebooting steam)

Hi guys,

I just dug into this. It seems there is indeed a problem unlocking achievements right now even though it seems that the game is properly updating through Steam. It'll require a bit more investigation before we straighten everything out. I apologize for the delay!

Thanks for your patience,

Dan

I think you guys put through an update a few minutes ago? (Not the achievement update.) Whatever was put through has caused the game to stop working on my computer. The little config window comes up, but when I hit "Run Autonomous", it all just ceases and nothing shows up. Not sure if that's just me, but hopefully it's helpful to know.

I have no doubt you'll all get it sorted out eventually. Until then, good luck!

EDIT: Another update occurred and fixed whatever this was. Yay!

Hey everyone,

Could someone try now and see if they can get an achievement? Sorry for the craziness, but its hard for us to test internally (they all work for us!). Valve pressed a button and they are supposed to work now!

OK, I've got another sub 10 min time, no achievement. Autonomous hasn't ever been shown in the recently played part of Steam, and it's not listed as one of my games in Steam Community. I think it's probably something to do with that, as that's where you'd see achievements.

Same here (not that fast though - 26 minutes). I can also confirm that if you click "View All Achievements" under the play button on the library screen or "Achievements" tab under the right-hand sidebar it takes you to your steam profile instead of a achievements page. The "Game Hub" tab redirects you to the store's main page.

Yea, I think we're going to have to figure this out after the holidays. There aren't enough people around to press buttons!

I understand that AF is now definitely over but I was wondering if there was any plan to push another steam update? I still find myself playing this pretty regularly and would like to have achievements to show off!

Hey bmiller,

We'd love to get the achievements working, but we're having issues that we believe are related to the fact that Autonomous isn't a "full retail game", so we're unsure if we'll be able to get those achievements and leaderboards functional. We're still looking into the exact issue.

Lee

no problem, Lee! I loved the game so was just wondering. I don't think any of us would be upset or disappointed by the achievements and leaderboards of an unfunded 2-week prototype not getting fixed (i'm sure you're back to being super busy with Reds these days). Hopefully some day it will turn into a full retail game and then we'll all be even happier! thanks for replying.

Any update on this? I've completed a 45 minute run and more recently a 16 minute run and still have 0/3 achievements unlocked :(

Is there a way that I can manually unlock the two I should have gotten on my end?

Thanks for making an awesome game guys!

Thanks for playing, guys!

I don't have the ability to activate the Steam achievements, but I can at least give you the achievement art!

Here are the three achievements: Bezerker 2.0, Robot-Star and Automatron3000

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b635/leepetty/Berzerker2dot0_zps6f1ed039.png

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b635/leepetty/Robo-Star_zpsd3387f85.png

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b635/leepetty/Automatron3000_zps5fd2d1f6.png

Sign in to follow this