Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Levering_2pp

Free screening of "Minecraft: The Story of Mojang" right here, Sunday the 23rd!

Can you guys look into getting your movie onto Steam, like Indie Game: The Movie?

I'm not much of a DVD buyer, but I would certainly grab a copy if it showed up there.

Also, is it in Hi-Def or only SD? :/

Why not just buy it as a digital download? then steam doesnt get the cut for doing nothing

For the same reasons why everyone wants every game on Steam. Because then you can buy it without creating an account for some other service just to buy the one product. Also, Steam would be providing the bandwidth to download the movie and it would most likely feature it on the front page of the store. I'd say those two services are worth a cut of profits sold on their platform.

I was wonder/hoping the same thing, but expecting it to not be so. I have the time to enjoy this in it's entirety now, but perhaps not later, hah.

Does "all day Sunday" 24-hours mean the movie's going live on here in 32 minutes or so? :]

That's how I read it. What's up, Two-Player film hounds? Roll the projectors!

*cracks open a cold beverage*

I am looking forward to seeing this as soon as I get home today :)

(Love rocking the third shift, 8AM is pretty much 5PM for me :P )

Have just watched the first 3 minutes of the movie.

Am now convinced some one will re-create the entire movie in minecraft.

Have just watched the first 3 minutes of the movie.

Am now convinced some one will re-create the entire movie in minecraft.

This is the perfect last thing for me to read before I fall asleep (holy crap it's nearly 5 am where I am right now...). Here's to hoping this amazing image you've described somehow works its way into my subconscious as I sleep.

Words don't express how great this documentary is to watch. Thanks for this!

On a side note, with Tim in there it almost feels like a prequel or segue for the DFA episodes. Like if you were to watch everything by 2PP back-to-back it would be just one continuous thread. The AF episodes felt that way as well, obviously, and all this makes it all the more enjoyable.

/me goes to watch all the DFA episodes again...

That kid, lol!

"You're falling into lava! You're falling into lava! You're sooo bad at this game."

Oh, I died.

"That's okay, mom. That's okay." :D

2PP, this is an excellent movie. It's a good day to be a backer. :D

Couldn't be more excited for the future of games; couldn't be more inspired.

Oh that was great. You guys really travelled the world making that thing! I had seen some of the shorts on YouTube with Notch hacking in the office (which are epic), but wow, you really gave it a full and comprehensive treatment! I especially liked how you journeyed to all the notable Minecraft environment creators and bloggers and interviewed them in person. This added so much to my understanding of the Minecraft community and the range of expressions that the game has instigated. Bravo!

Another element that really made an impression on me is the wonderful humble nature of Notch, and how he has somehow retained his identity as an "average Joe" who wears a hat, despite his meteoric fame and riches. I think his example is a fine lesson for anyone who might grow suddenly successful. He also keeps maintaining that he doesn't hold some mystical keys to genius game design (you obviously kept asking those questions ;-) ), and he isn't sure that he could recreate the legend that this game became. He is fascinating because of this exceedingly rare personal integrity and lack of hubris.

It makes you wonder -- how many more "accidental phenomenons" are laying dormant in creators minds, waiting to set the world's imagination afire? And of course no one can predict which of these will become cultural waypoints in our history. They just are, or they are not.

Did you notice how much of a lucid speaker Tim Schaefer is, when he's shown juxtaposed with comments by journalists and bloggers? It's like little snippets of wisdom from goddamn Yoda, beamed from Degobah by satellite.

Finally, Notch and Mojang -- big McDonalds eaters (and original Coke drinkers)! :-) Anyone else notice that?

Thanks again to 2PP for hooking up the backers with this private stream!

2PP are really, really great at portraying people in a no-nonsense way and giving the viewers a feel for who they are. Great documentary, fun and informative to watch with the, now familiar and awesome, 2PP style.

Greetings from Sweden (in that peculiar accent of ours, hehe). :)

Loved the documentary, great job guys. So many amazing moments I'll remember from that.

Wow, now I can sleep.

Sign in to follow this