Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Levering_2pp

Free screening of "Minecraft: The Story of Mojang" right here, Sunday the 23rd!

great watch! thanks for sharing this with us doublefine backers. It actually makes me want to play minecraft, next to showcasing mojang in a nice way and seeing some familiar faces pass the stage.

thanks.

That was awesome.

I wish there was an express way for me to pay you for it, but I have to register and input my data and blah blah blah, so I'll do it when I have the time for that.

Nice work.

I don't really want a download copy, but if you setup a pay what you want after watching kind of thing for the stream I'd definitely pay a couple bucks.

How long will the video be up? The Episode 7 post said 24 hours, but considering this is up on Pirate Bay, any chance it will remain here longer? I don't expect to be able to watch it today, and would rather see it here.

that was awesome!

It was really nice seeing how humble these guys are.

I don't wanna be the guy.. but at 1:35, the sentence mentioning that the film was made possible by kickstarter, I think there is an extra 'by' that isn't needed.

The documentary was wonderful, I'd like to say "awesome" but I feel the word has lost its touch due to overuse, but it really was wonderful. You guys in 2P did a great job with it just like you have done with the Double Fine videos. It really made me want to feel like playing Minecraft, which is probably what I'll be doing the rest of the evening.

I haven't really followed the production for it, since I didn't even have Minecraft at the point of the kickstarter funding, but it was surprising to see all the people featured in it.

Watching it at work, 23rd of december and nothing to do :D I got about 25min into it and had to go order the dvd (and some shirts from fangamer too). The documentary is outstanding though, amazing job and big props, 2PP! Merry Christmas!

I already have the popcorn.

this. thanks for the early holidays gift. i'm looking forward to it. I know it'll be great.

Need some nachos too!

geat movie guys! Made me want to play minecraft again!

Just a small question though:

I don't remember hearing anything about the musics and sound design in minecraft (but maybe it's just my bad memory). Is it because C418 didn't want to be featured in the movie or is there another reason?

Outstanding, guys! I could have watched this type of documentary for hours.. you should almost have made it a web series, not just a movie ;)

Just wanted to say that I bought before even looking at it, which I'm doing now on this page while downloading the HD version to archive. Your work is really very very good, and you always find a space to tell stories from that I find very moving. So glad I'm watching, thank you so much.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing, 2PP!

One question - is there/will there be a Bandcamp page where people can buy the music (it's REALLY good - especially that credits track). Or will it by on iTunes or something?

Keep up the great work, folks. Enjoy the holidays. Much deserved.

One question - is there/will there be a Bandcamp page where people can buy the music (it's REALLY good - especially that credits track). Or will it by on iTunes or something?

There sure is: http://c418.bandcamp.com/album/one

There's also a physical version with a few little bonuses and pretty blue packaging: http://www.fangamer.net/products/minecraft-doc-film-soundtrack

Enjoy!

Sign in to follow this