Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Levering_2pp

Episode 7, Amnesia Fortnight, and (gasp!) the Minecraft Movie?!

Got the Solution for the "FlashVideoDownloader"-Problem!

It was tough but i pinpointed it down and here it comes:

Step Number 1: Download and Install NoScript

(Restart Browser)

Step 2: Forbid/Disable in NoScript the loading of Youtube Videos

Step 3: Start the Vimeo Video

Step 4: FlashVideoDownloader finds the embedded Vime-Video and can download it!

Admins Rule :) (me)

Got the Solution for the "FlashVideoDownloader"-Problem!

It was tough but i pinpointed it down and here it comes:

Step Number 1: Download and Install NoScript

(Restart Browser)

Step 2: Forbid/Disable in NoScript the loading of Youtube Videos

Step 3: Start the Vimeo Video

Step 4: FlashVideoDownloader finds the embedded Vime-Video and can download it!

Admins Rule :) (me)

Booo Hisss, cheater.

Maybe you could have an "up your pledge" marathon to try to make some more money.

Funny i had to browse all the way to the last post to find what i was looking for.

Do this but don't forget the slacker backers.

I'm not ashamed to say that in the beginning of supporting kickstarter projects i was out for promising games for little money. This mindset has changed a lot over the course of time and this project is one of the reasons. So I'm asking: Ho will you please let me give you a little more of my money? I love and trust you, Team Reds.

Hell I've spent 80$+ on console games that more often than not do nothing but gather dust.

Scroll down for a bit on this page: http://www.doublefine.com/dfapay/

Hope they'll do something to gather more attention to the new tip jar!

Oh nice one with that link there.

Ill definitely be throwing some more money their way here around starte of feb.

Its not every year or even 10 years we get a Tim Shaefer adventure game, so this means a bit more to me than a normal game, like a personal investment if you will, getting someone that we just otherwise wouldn. :)

If you guys wanna send Double Fine more love in the form of money, you can probably just endlessly slackerback them through paypal here:

http://www.doublefine.com/dfapay/

The only thing that's hard about this is there is no "if we reach this goal" meter and sense of community rallying. If I send $50 I don't know if anyone else did, and if that $50 will go to "waste" so to speak because not enough people donated. I would give another $5-$15 if I knew I would only get billed if the amount of money they needed was reached. Is it possible to do this OUTSIDE of kickstarter to avoid the fee?

And I agree, it's not a sympathy thing. I just have waited FOREVER for a good adventure game by people I want to make it making it... I know it will be good if they stay on budget. I only paid $15 I don't mind paying $30 for a better game. I have faith in DF!

Well, i just did it again. $50 less to worry about :D ... hope more will join

Will definitely give some more money as soon as it hits February, dunno about you guys but I've spent most of my budget for this month on the steam sale! :P Wish there was a way to get the pdf version of the artbook though, after seeing all the amazing backgrounds, characters and concept art I really want a copy! :(

Hi guys. It would be possible to add subititles to the Episodes? English is not my first language.

It will be amazing.

Thanks for this documentaries, and good work.

Alessandro.

Threw in 15$ more this month.

Its a shame that there isnt a really easy way for us to reach more of the backers. Its like 80.000 something backers, and there is what, 1000-2000 on the forums maybe ?.

A kinda dream scenario, is like where we get like 100.000$ or something more. Together big goals are a lot smaller. like say 80.000 then donate 5$ thats suddenly a huge amount. but yeah every little they get will help make them game so much better.

Its always a shame when content has to be cut, but again, its not like thats a new thing, happens in so many games when you see the behind the scenes or alpha and beta versions.

Hopefully this project also puts Double Fine in a good spot for the future, if they wanna make more Point n click games, because now they have some experience on the team, they have the tools and stuff. Im sure that is going to go a lot way if they ever wanna do a sequel or just a new point n click game. "which i ofcourse hope they wanna do".

Loosing a bit of faith in Telltale with all their lies, like they come up with lies that point n click doesnt work in a 3d space, when some fan puts mod together that makes point n click work perfectly. the whole reason for the annoying wasd control in Telltales recent games, is because they just wanna dumb down to lowest commen, you now, like it works for both PC and consoles, that really makes me sad, when a company starts to do that.

So here is for hoping for more adventure games big or small :) i still wouldn mind old school adventure game like the one that dude made for his application for Doublefine, pixel day of the tentacle style. Im still playing those kind of games from Wadjet eye games. They are amazing btw if you love point n click games.

Just ask everyone that's donated for an extra 5/10 bucks. I'd pay it just for the content you've already put out, although a cheaply packaged DVD of the documentary as an added bonus for donations wouldn't hurt. A few cents to burn a disc and put it in a cardboard box for a few dollars back? Seems genius to me ;)

Just ask everyone that's donated for an extra 5/10 bucks. I'd pay it just for the content you've already put out, although a cheaply packaged DVD of the documentary as an added bonus for donations wouldn't hurt. A few cents to burn a disc and put it in a cardboard box for a few dollars back? Seems genius to me ;)

I would even download it packed and burn it myself :P

I suggested earlier in the thread that they might want to make the digital only reward tiers available again so slacker backers, or people who could only afford $15 during the Kickstarter (like me), could upgrade. I'd gladly upgrade my pledge for the chance to download the documentary episodes, as well as the doc and game's soundtracks.

That said, I'm glad they put the tip jar up, and will definitely chip in a few bucks when I get the chance.

I suggested earlier in the thread that they might want to make the digital only reward tiers available again so slacker backers, or people who could only afford $15 during the Kickstarter (like me), could upgrade. I'd gladly upgrade my pledge for the chance to download the documentary episodes, as well as the doc and game's soundtracks.

That said, I'm glad they put the tip jar up, and will definitely chip in a few bucks when I get the chance.

I back that up. We should create a poll!

A tip Jar is a great idea , I'd tap that.

These documentaries have been so much more than I expected, thanks to everyone for their hard work

These documentaries have been so much more than I expected, thanks to everyone for their hard work

It's already possible http://www.doublefine.com/dfapay/ (scroll the page)

Just there is not the "thermometer" yet. :)

It's already possible http://www.doublefine.com/dfapay/ (scroll the page)

Just there is not the "thermometer" yet. :)

Awesome, thank you for this! Rounding my original Donation up, and I just started Playing Middle Manager of Justice as well!

Its a shame that there isnt a really easy way for us to reach more of the backers. Its like 80.000 something backers, and there is what, 1000-2000 on the forums maybe ?.

Well, there is, and the simplest way is through the internal Kickstarter mailer.

I don´t think they want to spam people. A new Episode should be out any day now that the last one has been over a month ago, i am sure they will mention it in the blog post just as they did the slacker backer stuff.

But one should not forget that some people just want a cool game and basicly preordert it. Thats not meant to be mean or anything, you just cant follow everyone everywhere and and be personally and financially invested. When it comes to games from the post Minecraft Kickstarter Era FTL is the only game i backed that got an actual release (well, and maybe Under Kingdome, which is a iPad choose your own adventure gamebook). Besides DFA i am still following/waiting on StarCommand (Actually backed them two times), Castle Story, Shaddowrun, Wasteland 2, Xenonauts, Prison Architect, Sealark, Project Eternety (even if i hated their style of using kickstarter), The Banner Sage, Republic... i don´t even know if thats all the games i put a little or bigger amount of money into. And thats only gameing. :D

I like this place, i like how - even in the non Kickstarter related sections of the board - there is a direct contact with people working on creating games and fixing bugs, actual discussions going on and a good amount of friendly gamers. But in the end the boxed copy of the game for 100$+ is the most i ever payed for a game (and especially in these days were you almost get begged to buy a game... i picked up x-com for less than 10$, Hitman for 15$, Football Manager 15$, Spec Ops for 4$, all the indy titles with interesting ideas start of at 10-15$ and get put in indy bundles shortly after... do you even know when to play all your own? I don´t.)

I would not expect another million to hit after telling all the kickstarters. There will be media attention, there will be guaranteed copys sold just by the localisations, most of the backers were from america. Nothing to worry about.

A nice idea could be a smaller unsigned version of the print added to your boxed copy for 5-10$. I really like it, and to me it´s very symbolic because the artist was just visiting somehow like we are via the forum interaction and 2pp episodes.

what have i got to do to get Tim to sign my limited/special edition $100 buck boxed version of the game????

Where is episode eight (ok, i'm kind of addicted to it :P) ?

Me too! I'm hoping (expecting) to see the next episode around Feb 20th or something, but I think I pulled that date out of thin air... I have no idea what the schedule is (is there a schedule?).

Where is episode eight (ok, i'm kind of addicted to it :P) ?

Me too! I'm hoping (expecting) to see the next episode around Feb 20th or something, but I think I pulled that date out of thin air... I have no idea what the schedule is (is there a schedule?).

Well of course they were doing one about once a month, and then there was a delay due to amnesia fortnight and the holidays that effectively lost an episode. So that the gap wasn't too great, they delayed releasing the episode they already had by a little bit, kind of fitting it into the middle (am I making any sense?) Point being the most recent episode was released on Decemeber 21st and we are now on February 7, so about 6 weeks. The new episode could come any day.

Then again it could be a bit later, because I know they are also busy due to the launch of the Minecraft documentary.

Don't bump these old threads please, I almost thought Ep8 was out. Also 2PP said, it's coming around at the end of Feb, all the footage was already shot around the 7th I think.

Sign in to follow this