Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
darkwolf

2PP AF Episode 11 - Game Festival

As a Double Fine Adventure Backer, it has been amazing to see 2 Player Production go from producing high quality edited video covering a month of DFA production; to turning out ten rapid fire videos for the Amnesia Fortnight event. While the DFA videos gather a months worth of footage around a single theme, with lots of attention paid to pacing, music, ect; the AF videos have been a little rougher but get a LOT of good detail following the day to day and showcasing a lot of the individual developers at the studio.

One thing I was looking forward to was seeing a final AF video of the game festival; where the teams would finally present their work to all the other groups, and get a chance to have a cathartic post mortem moment now that the prototype is in the wild.

The 6 hours of live stream feed from that event is available on their twitch site, but I was wondering if 2PP had decided whether or not to make a video of that event.

It looks like you guys got footage from that event. Is an episode 11 something you still intend to do. Or something you had intended to do but found you just didn't have the time or enough footage to do well?

Despite being in the same rapid fire development mode that matches the Amnesia Fortnight experience, there are a lot of thing's that the AF video series did just as well (and in some cases showcased even better) then the DFA videos. It would be cool if it had an ending and was compiled into its own video series along side the DFA series.

While 2pp are busy over the holiday break I'll field this one.

Levering2pp in another thread expressed a clear interest in doing something special with the final days worth of footage, it will just take some time to work 2pp's characteristic magic

Sign in to follow this