Sign in to follow this  
FlamingFirewire

System Requirements and Graphic Fidelity

I know these are prototypes, but in the future, could there be visual setting with these games, none of them really run on my computer with the way they have been handled (in terms of graphic fidelity). All of them look really cool for what I've played of them though.

You're misunderstanding the bit about it being a prototype it sounds like. I never saw a list of hardware reqs. but my suspicion is that they aren't too stressful, if your system isn't running them it may be ill-suited to gaming in general, particularly old, or similar. What kind of computer is it?

I know these are prototypes, but in the future, could there be visual setting with these games, none of them really run on my computer with the way they have been handled (in terms of graphic fidelity). All of them look really cool for what I've played of them though.

We appreciate teh feedback, but I'm not sure if we can honestly promise that for future prototypes. One of the big differences (in time and focus) between a prototype and a commercial game/demo is having the time to add scalability features like the ones you describe. Essentially adding options and toggles amounts to making (subtly) different versions of the base game, which doesn't really work with a prototype when you're struggling just to make one good version of your game.

One thing you can do is edit your Default.cfg and modify the FullscreenWidth and FullscreenHeight. Alternatively, pass in extra command line options -width xyz -height xyz (where xyz is a real resolution number like 800 or 1024). Either of those techniques will let you force the game to run in a lower resolution, which is the single biggest "visual fidelity" slider out there.

Sign in to follow this