• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Cheeseness

DF Game Club: Sissy's Magical Ponycorn Adventure

G'day everybody

The Double Fine Game Club is a community run weekly event where interested gamers play through and come together to discuss what they do and don't like about a particular game (sort of like a book club, but for games). We usually aim to play one or two hours a week, and we normally have somebody streaming the current game so that those who don't have the game or don't feel like playing it again can still feel involved.

On Saturday 29th December, we'll be playing through Sissy's Magical Ponycorn Adventure and discussing what we do and don't like both here in this thread, and in the #DFAdventure IRC channel on Foonetic.net (if you're not sure, just click this link to access webchat from our stream page). The game club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!

Mim will be streaming the game at the later time of Saturday 9:00pm UTC (click for your timezone), that's 1:00PM PST. If anybody is interested in assisting with streaming, please let us know!

Previous game: Ben There, Dan That

29th Dececmber, 9:00pm UTC (click for your timezone): Playthrough of game (Stream) and general discussion/dev chat (log)

Next game: Police Quest 1

———————————————————————————————————

ABOUT THE GAME

20Z8u.png

Synopsis:

Sissy loves ponycorns! Help her travel through rainbow portals to locate five of these magical beasts in a cute, hand drawn world. And put them in jars.

Sissy's Magical Ponycorn Adventure was created for a three day game jam by 5 year old Cassie and her Dad, Ryan (founder of Untold Entertainment). You can read a blog post about it here.

Where to play online:

Official site (flash game)

———————————————————————————————————

The chat can be found here:

IRC Server: irc.foonetic.net

Channel: #DFAdventure

Or click this link to chat in your web browser!

Edited by Cheeseness
Fixed URLs after forum upgrade

This will be our final Game Club session for the year. I hope everybody has a fantastic end to 2012, and a great start to 2013!

It looks like Ryan and Cassie may be joining us on the weekend. I'd suggest that everybody take some time to skim over the blog post Ryan wrote about the experience of making the game with his 5 year old daughter. It's a really nice read.

Great choice of an adventure game! Would also nominate Gretel and Hansel Parts 1 and 2 if it hasn't been done already. Perhaps getting more people to play it will inspire the creators to finish the series!

Thanks to everyone who joined us on our magical ponycorn adventure ^_^

And thanks to Ryan and Cassie for making such an awesome game!

I FRIGGIN' LOVE PONYCORNS!!!

Suprisingly, I've actually never heard of this game before (and I have twelve ranks in game lore according to my character sheet). I'll have to check it out.

hahahaha, it is so hilarious that you guys did this game. Every once in a while I remember that it exists and it makes my world a better place.

I had somehow never played (or even heard of) this game before - thank you for introducing me to it. As AnAnemoneInAnonymity said, it also makes my world a better place knowing that this game exists.

In fact, I think we can all safely say that there would be no more war if everyone played adventure games.

It is indeed a wonderful little game. I can't help but smile when I play through it.

Apologies for the delay. The first post now has a log of our devchat and the [rul=http://www.twitch.tv/dfgameclub/b/352245995]stream archive[/url] for Sissy's Magical Ponycorn Adventure (for anybody who didn't attend Game Club, Mim played through several times during the session).

Huge thanks once again to Ryan and Cassie for joining us :D

Next week, we'll be playing/talking about Police Quest 1!