Sign in to follow this  
ErinAS

Costume Quest Kids Meal

I was at the Solomon Pond Mall yesterday in Marlboro Massachusetts and saw this weird food kiosk that didn't even really have a name. Only sign was that they served official Hershey's iced cream.

In addition to ice-cream they had sandwiches and stuff and the picture next to the Kids Meal Menu was the gang from Costume Quest (See image below. Apologies for the terrible picture since Droid 3s have the worst camera ever).

I stopped and asked if they had any kids meal toys or how it was affiliated with the game but the teenager working there had no idea and just looked at me funny.

Even weirder is I was just googling for the actual image because its such a terrible photo my husband wasn't sure I was correct and for some reason its a mirror flip. I guess to fit it on the sign?

http://assets.vg247.com/current//2009/03/costume-quest.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_3-_FiCMAA-l2c.jpg:large

WOAH, it totally is a Costume Quest sign.

Most likely, whoever's in charge of that kiosk has no idea where that image is from. And I'm about 300% sure that they didn't get permission to use it, either.

Still, interesting to see such a thing exists. I wonder what the folks at Double Fine think of such ...treachery?

That's hilarious. What an obscure image to steal. Whoever did it must be a fan of the game.

WOAH, it totally is a Costume Quest sign.

Most likely, whoever's in charge of that kiosk has no idea where that image is from. And I'm about 300% sure that they didn't get permission to use it, either.

Still, interesting to see such a thing exists. I wonder what the folks at Double Fine think of such ...treachery?

I actually tweeted at them before posting it here and their official comment was "That's interesting!"

It certainly made my afternoon more interesting. And I did sit down at one of their tables to post to twitter and check the internet for like 10 minutes without buying anything so at least that's one step towards making it even :P

Whoa. That's... surprising!

Well, at least they recognize the cuteness of the art!

Now to get rich by crushing them. Bwah ha ha!

Wait, you did say that it was MacDonald's right?

:)

Whoa. That's... surprising!

Well, at least they recognize the cuteness of the art!

Now to get rich by crushing them. Bwah ha ha!

Wait, you did say that it was MacDonald's right?

:)

=-D DFA sequels 2-5: Paid in full! Psychonauts 2, here we come!

Hmmm maybe it's a secret promotion to a Costume Quest sequel called "Kids MEALS"!

And Tim is just hiding that fact :)

Hmmm maybe it's a secret promotion to a Costume Quest sequel called "Kids MEALS"!

And Tim is just hiding that fact :)

Like the kids become whatever the toy is... and the Grubbins are after their food/toys.

But by the end of the game the kids all have diabetes. Wait, no...

There's a pizzeria around the corner from my flat where they're using an image of Paper Mario with the 'm' scratched off his hat and replaced with a 'd' in marker pen (obviously the name of the place starts with 'd').

Reminds me of being in Syria, it's full of slightly changed variants of Western chains - 'Pizza Hot' and so on. Saw some Rabibas shoes. Also, the only video game shop I saw sold exclusively pirated games. Lolsome.

Also, the only video game shop I saw sold exclusively pirated games. Lolsome.

"Guaranteed to work, or we'll burn you another copy!"

You can always tell when those places are using bootlegged artwork because it's presented so awkwardly.