Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sliferjam

Team Fortress 2 promos

An update for Team Fortress 2 hit earlier tonight, and based on images and the item schema, it seems we have some preorder promos for The Cave. There will likely be an official announcement soon.

cave_bear_large.b8c092a5cac5b252fd5082bad5ffde691df469d9.png

Prize Plushy Engineer misc-slot item.

No more carnival games for you! Why buy three throws for a dollar and a chance to win a prize plushy for your paramour when you can just get one from the source and carry it around with you wherever you go!

cave_beard_large.102d56c33ff635d96c5f81996e4a914ae2bf9bdb.png

Grizzled Growth Engineer misc-slot item.

Whether it's the rugged charm of your chin locks or the fumes from the overripe pomade, the ladies are sure to swoon whenever you're near. Shave it off while they're dazed and pretend you saved them from a bear attack when they awake. Works every time.

cave_hat_large.c1005fb85abfa04394b9db16c991d76b4f6a63d2.png

Last Straw Engineer hat.

Do you love farmin'? Do you hate the sun? Well shade yer noggin, grab yer hoe, and keep yer scattergun handy to scare off any varmints might come a-trespassin'.

Two miscs and one hat for the Engineer. They look pretty nifty; I'll probably preorder as soon as I can.

What do you think?

Interesting. Maybe that's what Sega was waiting on before the exact release date was announced. Perhaps they wanted to make sure that the TF2 tie-in promotional items were ready first.

Question for anyone from Double Fine: I pre-ordered the game from Green Man Gaming (simply because that was the first place where it was available and because I'm crazy excited about this game). You get the Steam copy when you order the game from GMG, so does that mean I'll get the TF2-items as well? I probably would have waited and bought it on Steam if I knew about the deal. If not, no big deal! The game itself is all that really matters to me in the end.

Question for anyone from Double Fine: I pre-ordered the game from Green Man Gaming (simply because that was the first place where it was available and because I'm crazy excited about this game). You get the Steam copy when you order the game from GMG, so does that mean I'll get the TF2-items as well? I probably would have waited and bought it on Steam if I knew about the deal. If not, no big deal! The game itself is all that really matters to me in the end.

I'm think you have to buy the game through Steam to get promo items, even if it's a game that activates on Steam. I'm pretty sure that's how it has worked for other promos.

I'm think you have to buy the game through Steam to get promo items, even if it's a game that activates on Steam. I'm pretty sure that's how it has worked for other promos.

Ah, too bad. Oh well, you can't have everything.

Ah, too bad. Oh well, you can't have everything.

I could be wrong, though. I suppose we'll find out once the game releases.

I'll probably shell out the extra cash and buy straight off Steam. I hope just a bit more money goes to Double Fine that way.

It's up for pre-order on Steam! GO GO GO!

DONE! Thanks for the notification! :)

Sign in to follow this