Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ALPHATT

Online Co-Op for PC or even Console release.

It's a real shame that the game has no online co-op in this day and age.

Especially as Double-Fine already has a networking pipeline for several of its games that could be used.

I could not talk a single friend of mine into buying this when I informed them that co-op is only local!!

I can see the advantage from the programmers' perspective, sure, I just mean that from the user's perspective it's virtually pointless, and could easily seem irritating and almost misleading if you'd been looking forward to playing it coop. Maybe a lot of the puzzles can be done with all the characters on the same screen? I suppose it could still cut down on tedium if you don't have to make all your characters catch up with each other yourself, though again not having to pass the controller here seems like a worthless convenience.

The game is fully playable Single Player, so obviously. Co-op introduces no new levels or anything, it's just a different way to play, it's psuedo hot-seat by the way, but I still would've enjoyed it online :(.

They shouldn't have put co-op in the game at all at least you wont have complaints then that the game immediately also has to have online co-op.

No, features are never bad, if they are done well. You have to understand that a company is not a human being, and should not be phased by people complaining. They have to mesure, what people want and what they can accomplish and deliver what they feel is best. Not including co-op, because people would cry for online would've been stupid beyond compare, and it'd showcase as complete lack of professionalism. I started this thread as a suggestion thread not a bitching thread.

Sign in to follow this