Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Syd

The Cave is now available for pre-order on Steam!

Title says it all! Still no sign of a more precise release date yet, though.

SQUEAL! JUST PREORDERED ON STEAM!

Phew, caps lock of excitement. Trying not to squeal in rl and wake up my girlfriend.

It's $19.95 on steam but $14.99 on GMG?! Oh wait. Regional pricing on Steam.

Dear SEGA, LOL no.

I love GMG more and more each day.

It's only a tenner on UK Steam - two pounds less than Little Inferno! That's sort of messed up, even if Little Inferno is ridiculously overpriced (wonderfully charming and thought provoking though it is).

It's the usual $15 on the US store, same price as DF's other recent downloadable games.

The Xbox Live Marketplace has The Cave listed for release on January 23. No confirmation of that date though.

How many Microsoft Points will it cost?? (I know it's 1010.70 MB to download on Xbox, from what I've seen on Twitter.)

**UPDATE ... Looks like it will be 1200 MSP (same as $15 Steam price)

http://myxboxlive.com/gaming/cave-now-marketplace-released/

Bought it as soon as I saw the news that I could buy it now on Steam. :)

Cheap price for it though. I would not have hesitated to pay more for it.

Wait a second, it costs $8 in Russian Steam, so is it finally profitable to live in Motherland?

Just bought the game but it doesn't seem to show up in my library. The shop and friends pages do confirm that I own it but it's not listed in my catalog anywhere else. Anyone else having similar trouble?

I also noticed it doesn't have a game hub, maybe it's not completely in the system yet?

EDIT: I also got the TF2 items, so not that worried.

Search under "C" for Cave in your library and not "T" for The Cave.

Luxury problem of big game libraries :D

Besides that, yes it's not fully integrated yet, achievements, forum and community hub still missing.

I can only think of other obvious things - restart Steam and/or try fiddling about with which games it displays (i.e. at the top of the list switch between 'installed', 'all games', 'favourites' etc). Did you get an e-mail confirming payment?

Not under "C". That's where I was looking for it. I guess I'll wait a couple of days and see what happens :/

I've heard of that sort of thing happening to people during the Steam sale, but most assumed it was because of server load. Try submitting a ticket to Steam support.

Any word on if the Amazon copy redeems through Steam?

Well, it's been confirmed that the PC version of The Cave will have Steam achievements, and I'm pretty sure that all games with Steam achievements use Steamworks, and if a game uses Steamworks, it has to be played on Steam.

So, I'm pretty sure you'll get a Steam key from Amazon, but I'm not certain. Might want to shoot a tweet at Ron or Double Fine and see if they know.

Sign in to follow this