Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Syd

The Cave is now available for pre-order on Steam!

Freaking heck it's $20 in Aus. :(

Still, it's good for DF! :D

Holy shit, mate! You guys get ripped off. Let's just note at this point that Sega makes the prices not DF.

Loled at the Grog machine. xD This is going to be awesome. :D And i will have to wait till next month. :<

A no-brainer, pre-ordered!

Edit: And I feel proud supporting Double Fine. Basically never felt that way before about any developer. Goes to show what a closer connection with the gamers can do, like Kickstarter and Amnesia Fortnight. :)

A no-brainer, pre-ordered!

Edit: And I feel proud supporting Double Fine. Basically never felt that way before about any developer. Goes to show what a closer connection with the gamers can do, like Kickstarter and Amnesia Fortnight. :)

I wouldda pre-ordered it happily to support DF and would have happily paid double price.

I wouldn't buy it even for $4,99 from steam/steamworks though, so no preorder!

Here's a forum topic with my reasons for this.

Happily pre-ordered on steam for $20AUD. It's not uncommon to see games which cost $100AUD here. Yeah, we get screwed. 20 bucks for a new Ron Gilbert and\or Double Fine game is always going to be an easy yes for me though.

Any word on if the Amazon copy redeems through Steam?

Well, it's been confirmed that the PC version of The Cave will have Steam achievements, and I'm pretty sure that all games with Steam achievements use Steamworks, and if a game uses Steamworks, it has to be played on Steam.

So, I'm pretty sure you'll get a Steam key from Amazon, but I'm not certain. Might want to shoot a tweet at Ron or Double Fine and see if they know.

The amazon page says that the DRM is Steam DRM, so I assume that it must be a steam key.

Amazon has a $5 credit, so I assume that means that for the $14.99 cost, you will then get a $5 credit for a later purchase :)

Not bad...

From Ron Gilbert's twitter: This just in: The Cave PSN + Wii U on Jan 22 and XBLA + Steam on Jan 23. Plus... Mac and Linux on Steam Play!!

On the same day as Ni no Kuni?

Why must you do this to me, Ron? :(

Sign in to follow this