Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BlackRainbow

Sharing ideas

Hey,

I really wanted to share an idea with Tim and hear his opinion about it... but I read the FAQ and he won't, for legal reasons...

Does this mean that, if I spam double fine's e-mail with every conceivable idea, they'll be out of a job forever or that I've found a clever new source of revenue (royalties)?

Hey,

I really wanted to share an idea with Tim and hear his opinion about it... but I read the FAQ and he won't, for legal reasons...

Does this mean that, if I spam double fine's e-mail with every conceivable idea, they'll be out of a job forever or that I've found a clever new source of revenue (royalties)?

Here's Apple's page on the same thing so you can see how easy they protect themselves from legal complications that could arise from unwarranted idea submissions: http://www.apple.com/legal/policies/ideas.html

Also: Really dude?

I just want to point out that i think you are awesome for reading a FAQ, asking, and generally being considerate.

tumblr_lq2u0cmb2s1qii6tmo1_500.gif

(I'm serious about that - i just thought that this deserves a round of applause)

I just want to point out that i think you are awesome for reading a FAQ, asking, and generally being considerate.

tumblr_lq2u0cmb2s1qii6tmo1_500.gif

(I'm serious about that - i just thought that this deserves a round of applause)

Totes agree (aside from the royalties comment, hence the "Really?" comment =D)

Well their goes my dream of Double Fine making my Jetpack T-Rex idea. :P I'm pretty sure he was joking about the royalties thing Justin.

Well their goes my dream of Double Fine making my Jetpack T-Rex idea. :P I'm pretty sure he was joking about the royalties thing Justin.

I know, but my job is to be the serious one at times =D

Sure I read the FAQ! It's rare to find something that is supposed to be trite actually being an enjoyable read...

The only time I've ever read the TOS instead of mindlessly clicking on "I agree" was in a game that decided to make it funny (was it Hateful Chris? Can't remember... I know it was an old indie game... circa 2003). It said something like "Since I know you won't read this let me tell you about...".

Still, I really wanted to have his opinion on my game idea... although computers are my primary interest, I chose another career path (I love psychonauts even more because of this) and probably will never release a game :(

Still, I'm pretty sure he'd make something cool out of it.

Thank you for not jumping at me and understanding I was just kidding ;)

A T-rex with a jetpack would be a bad idea.

Jeez dude get in the game!

Unless we're talking sorta spacey side thrusters which go from the sides and point down I think your idea is fundamentally flawed.

Also homey I'ma need royalties if you mean to apply my new-age T-rex Jetpack-rework.

If this criticism of your idea is misconstrued as unsolicited (which by way of apple'legalese means I receive no royalties) just remember the vague and implied reasons around what a forum post represents and the often important bylaws of Brodunit and the inverse properties of tea dysplasia which in conjunction with the informal Code of Versailles constitutes a binding agreement in all but the 6th prescient of the internet.

A T-rex with a jetpack would be a bad idea.

Jeez dude get in the game!

Unless we're talking sorta spacey side thrusters which go from the sides and point down I think your idea is fundamentally flawed.

Also homey I'ma need royalties if you mean to apply my new-age T-rex Jetpack-rework.

If this criticism of your idea is misconstrued as unsolicited (which by way of apple'legalese means I receive no royalties) just remember the vague and implied reasons around what a forum post represents and the often important bylaws of Brodunit and the inverse properties of tea dysplasia which in conjunction with the informal Code of Versailles constitutes a binding agreement in all but the 6th prescient of the internet.

I don't understand anything in this post. Especially, how a T-Rex with a jetpack could possibly be a bad idea to anyone but said T-Rex's enemies.

They could make it a raptor with a wearable jet propulsion device and use the idea after all by calming it's original, well, not that anymore because i would sue them for their last shirt since it's obviously my idea.

It's an awkward think with ownership over of ideas, coincidentally Hank Green just made a video talking about it for a bit:

I love the Green brothers, these guys are beyond awesome.

I don't understand anything in this post. Especially, how a T-Rex with a jetpack could possibly be a bad idea to anyone but said T-Rex's enemies.

A T-rex's back is not pointed at the ground, its spine is horizontal...at best the T-rex would be able to run faster...thats also if it didn't burn its tail into a kabob!

SCIENCE! So you'd need some side oriented thrusters which would point down near the feet.

Sign in to follow this