Sign in to follow this  
Reid_Harris_Cooper

Wrap up episode?

I doubt Paul or Asif or anyone is even paying attention here anymore... BUT if they are? (which would be awesome)...

Is there any chance of ever getting a final episode 11-catch up episode?

Something with some sitdown reactions AFTER the Tim meeting? Just some final words on Amnesia Fortnight and getting back to REDS and all that jazz?

Maybe? It would be nice... sure episode/day 10 has "dialogue" that gives a feel of an ending with everyone going home and stuff and "We did it, we made a game!" and all that jazz... but still it'd be...

Nice. I understand if jumping into the holidays and then when coming back running full steam ahead on REDS and everyone else working hard on Cave, Middle Manager of Justice, Kinect Party and who knows what didn't/doesn't allow it... but a retrospective would be sweet.

I'd heard there was a company-wide meeting after Amnesia Fortight was over, in which each team got to demonstrate their game to the rest of the company. I wanted to see that, and hoped there would be an Episode 11 to give some closure to the whole story which, right now kind of ends right before Opening Night.

Anyway, a couple of days ago 2PP did an Ask Me Anything on Reddit, and in one answer Paul Levering said "We're still working on Amnesia Fortnight content" and later "We're currently working on a ton of AF stuff, and there will be better ways to experience that content. The whole thing was a big crazy experiment that turned out extremely well, so you'll have to forgive us for the bugs and bit of lag while we try to smooth the experience over."

So, I remain hopeful.

You can watch the wrapup meeting/final day on Doublefine's Twitch page, but I would also like a final 2PP Amnesia Fortnight video.

www.twitch.tv/doublefine/b/347540708

Tim leads a discussion about all the projects, at around 1:57 in the video.

It would definitely be awesome to have a "post-mortem" video that discussed the results of the survey and got the reaction of the teams to feedback from people. Also to know which one came out on top and if they're going to be green-lit as working titles. One more episode to wrap everything up nicely!

EDIT: And they've confirmed they're doing exactly that in this thread: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/8574/P25/

I just checked my page on the HumbleBundle site and I have a new episode available!

Really? I know it's about the right time for it to pop up, but I still only see the original 10.

well, eleven, since the count starts at zero. but no, no new episode so far. the twelfth still lies out there in the distance of time (ehm...).

Just a heads up for anyone interested, but it's up! Watching it now as a matter of fact. The vimeo link is wrong, but the download code works perfectly! Thanks 2pp! I have so been waiting for this!

Confirming that a new twelfth episode, titled 'Episode 11', is now downloading in my browser (1.2GB).

Best news for me is that it sounds like Tim might want to do another open amnesia fortnight next year? That would be really cool. Sounds like some people other than Tim aren't so hot on the livestreams. But I think it's really important to see some real development, documentary episodes tend to be more storytelling than game development details. Hopefully there is some compromise to be found there. Of course, 2PP will probably have moved on by next year, so it's tricky to say how it would work.

I understand why they basically all said the live streaming was bad in their opinion. But maybe if they tried talking to the people on the live stream and communicate their questions about it, then they wouldn't have had to go through the whole AF being uncomfortable as some claim. It is just ridiculous, open the line of communication, the live stream was very awesome. If someone said that whatever specific detail about the live stream was making them uncomfortable, I would have personally repeated that again and again if it kept on happening because I didn't want to see anyone at DF getting annoyed by the live stream. :D So you know you could have just asked! :P

I just watched the episode today, and it was cool to see the lead's takes on the process! In fact, I'm glad I got to work with Levi on Black Lake instead of running my own project because man, that'd be a stressful first AF!

On the live stream: Some DFers thought it was really enjoyable, and it encroached a bit on others. The fan presence definitely impacted our meetings and conversations, regardless of how much we wanted everything to be 100% natural. It's just a bit weird to be on camera for two weeks, especially for DFers who weren't on the REDS team. I'm sure we'll come up with some sweet new ways to do things next time that will be awesome for the viewers and less worrisome for the leads :)

Thanks for responding, I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with :)

I wouldn't really mind if you got rid of the live streaming. I loved the docs but didn't really watch the stream. But that's just my own personal.

Maybe you could only stream every other day? And/or focus on 1 or 2 teams per day. That way every team would get days off (from being streamed).

Good wrap up and I hope it happens again this year, I mean with the recording and stuff. Changes can be made, like less live streaming if it makes you the people under the scrutiny feel and work better. One thought I had was that one room was fitted for streaming and it could be use to give interviews between us the fans and small groups from each team. Not constantly, just some time so that we can ask questions about the work that is happening and you can ask us for opinions about stuff.

The best parts of the live streaming were the times there was some playing of a game be it a current or older prototype. The game festival at the end of the fortnight was the major highlight. I'm not too bothered about the watching people work, looking over their shoulders especially if it makes them uncomfortable.

I'm not surprised that some of the DF folks especially team leads found the livestream distracting. I guess if I think about being in meetings in my own job, I would feel really weird talking in the meeting with 1000+ people watching me on the internet.

I did enjoy watching the stream, but the documentary-style episodes were a lot better than the stream, especially with the audio and connection issues you get with live streaming. I wouldn't be upset if they did away with the livestream next time, and just had something like the documentary episodes. But it would be nice if they still had some live chat sessions so people can ask questions -- getting to ask a couple questions about the projects was a major benefit of the livestream.

All I'm hoping is that next year's AF will also be public in some capacity, even if that means reworking or doing away with certain parts. Personally I didn't care much about the livestream except for the initial game presentations, but I loved the documentary episodes. Hopefully there can be some kind of compromise so that we can all eavesdrop on the development and play the prototypes again without giving the project leads and members too much extra stress to contend with.

We used to have the option to view/download the videos before they added episode 11. Why oh why we don't anymore? Is such a HUGE pain to download them. Please enable the streaming for all videos, not just the latest one. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this