Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
buckysrevenge

... and on Linux, too!

I played the Xbox demo, which made me keen. I tried the Windows version under wine, which failed completely and made me sad. So now I'm checking Steam every couple of hours for the Linux version.

Same thing over here. I refresh this web page every now and then, hoping The Cave will finally appear.

http://cdr.xpaw.ru/linux/

Well.. this next week is now almost over.. :( When is the release going to happend? Please tell it to us if it will be pushed to another week rather than just keep us hoping it would be released any minute now :^(

We're currently working on some tricky driver/GL bugs, so next week is the most likely release. Sorry for another delay =/

Thanks for the update - any news is better than nothing.

What are the hardware specs likely to be?

Also - just throwing this out there - I'm sure you'll find keen testers here if you need them. Me, for example.

Woot update! :D i agree with jsgf better any news than no news :) need any beta testers? ;)

Indeed. Avoiding spoilers at this point in time is as annoying as a game made out of naught but QTEs :)

Hoping for a happy announcement soon! Avoiding spoilers is becoming increasingly difficult...

This is getting ridiculous. I understand it's your first foray into the platform, but surely a bit of communication every once in a while on what's going on can't be that much to ask?

It's not their first Linux game - Psychonauts was ported quite a while ago. They'll be done when they are, I'm sure they're working on it as quickly as they can.

It's not their first Linux game - Psychonauts was ported quite a while ago. They'll be done when they are, I'm sure they're working on it as quickly as they can.

It's the first one they're doing on their own though, since Psychonauts originally was ported by Icculus. It seems like they've been doing the Steam integration for Linux, so it's likely that they're handling any further Linux endeavours themselves. Still, it's a new platform for them, so I agree that a little patience is in place.

New information in the app history:

2013-02-09 00:07:38 Changed Depots

branches/Beta/pwdrequired: 1

branches/Beta/buildid: 42902

branches/Beta/description:

221811/maxsize: 1241114480 › 1241248583

Thanks Double Fine!!

So... about that beta password... those of us that slacker-backed DFA, and also donated on Amnesia Fortnight... might it be sent to me via forum PM?

Many pleases? :-D

Considering that DFA and Amnesia Fortnight have nothing to do with the Cave, I doubt it... I'm sure a public beta if not full release will follow soon assuming everything goes well.

Oh, I agree... I just meant if DF felt like sharing with me. I already bought The Cave, so a beta key wouldn't be giving me anything free that I hadn't paid for, except perhaps a few bugs... ;-)

I got impatient and finally tried installing it on the Windows partition on my (severely under-powered) netbook and it failed miserably (my GPU isn't "shady" enough ;) ). Hey DF, do you have a category in your analysis of who plays your game on which OS for "People who would play 'The Cave' on a linux distro if they *could*?" Hi ho. *Sneaks off to install "The Cave" on his wife's computer*

Stay tuned. More info coming soon! :D

Now with Brutal Legend on steam, I'm secretly hoping for the whole Double Fine catalog on Linux.

Stay tuned. More info coming soon! :D

Take your time and release a FINISHED game, not a Beta like EA alsways does. Unless you call it Beta... ;)

Sign in to follow this