Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
VirgoVV

The Cave...retail?

Hi all! I know that the answer to this question probably depends on the future trend of the title, but i wanna know if you have planned also a retail version for The Cave. If not, why?

Anyway, it seems to be a great game. Well done DF, well done Ron. Thanks for your job and thanks for any reply.

Probably not it is a downloadable game just like custome quest, iron brigade and stuff. There where no retail versions of those either.

It would probably depend on what Sega wants to do. I certainly wouldn't mind some kind of retail "Special Edition". It would also be cool to see a PS Vita version.

We have no retail version planned. The Cave was scoped as a downloadable game right from the beginning of our publishing agreement with Sega. But it is available on a whole ton of platforms! PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii U. That's by far more platforms than Double Fine has ever launched a game on at once.

Gotta buy 'em all!

...just kidding, I'm only getting one platform. But that's awesome it's got so much availability.

@DF Chris Remo

How are the chances that games like Costume Quest and Stacking will be ported to Mac and Linux too?

Sign in to follow this