Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Nomadic_09

So my brother pushed me into League of Legends...

And I must say (sorry for whomever actually enjoys LoL), it is the worst game I have ever played online. I say that solely because of its player base. I have played 4 games and every single one of them I was called a troll because I was "feeding" or something like that. I couldn't even just enjoy the game! And, to pour salt onto the wound, they used a lot of lingo and expected me to understand it! I was mocked the entire game T___T

Anyway, I don't want this to be a rant. I'm just curious. Is the LoL community really that crass? Or was this some very bad coincidence.

Dota 2 community isn't that much better.

Play against bots or with some friends when you start out, you'll have a much better time and get the hang of the game alot faster. Unless your friends are also ultra-competitive jerks.

Look up the basics of the game, look at guides and builds for your hero/champion. LoL's tutorial teaches you next to nothing about how an actual game is gonna play out (last I checked anyways), and you're always going to have a bad time if you rely on pub games to learn anything

The Dota community is known for being rather hostile, but apparently the game also isn't particularly noob-friendly, though it's said to be a rather good game at it's core. Most communities also get worse with size; i actually started playing WoW when it was fresh out, and played till two or three month into Cataclysm, but the best time i've had with it was the first half-year, the climate was just getting worse and worse, at first people would help you out and be nice, but that went away real quick, everyone just wanted the best for themselves, people started disobeying the rules (there is no such thing as an RP server) and it became all very hostile. I regret being with WoW for so long.

The Dota community is known for being rather hostile, but apparently the game also isn't particularly noob-friendly, though it's said to be a rather good game at it's core. Most communities also get worse with size; i actually started playing WoW when it was fresh out, and played till two or three month into Cataclysm, but the best time i've had with it was the first half-year, the climate was just getting worse and worse, at first people would help you out and be nice, but that went away real quick, everyone just wanted the best for themselves, people started disobeying the rules (there is no such thing as an RP server) and it became all very hostile. I regret being with WoW for so long.

I can relate to that too. Although, believe it or not, I mostly played WoW for the social aspect and I was always the scrub with the worst gear and lowest level in my guild. I usually would just grind and talk on the guild chat or LFG chat just to talk people. Sadly, after WotLK people have become less social and more focused towards getting to end game or maxing out their rep or running raids to get best gear--constantly. I still remember vividly how I quit the game and somewhat regretted that I never got to play the new content. My highest level ever was with a level 66 warlock. I never actually did a raid before either. ahah...

It irks me how large communities can eventually go to crap. /:

I'm scared of doing online Monster Hunter because of how much I've heard about veterans bashing newer players for not knowing a monster's tells or how to expertly use their weapons. It's also why I'm scared to get into League of Legends and DotA, even though a lot of my friends play them and they seem right up my alley.

Do those things I said in my earlier post and I can almost guarantee you'll have a spiffy time, and I don't even really like Dota or LoL

Well, it also lost it's creativity in playing. There always was a certain kind of spec that seemed to be best, but in the beginning it was rather variable, if it didn't feel good, you just skill something else, but this changed, at some point you needed to skill that one way or you had real issues, and with every other patch it would change what skills you need, nothing allowed for own playing styles anymore, and that was my personal end from a playing standpoint, back then i was fabulous, always first or second in the dps meter, and back then there been 40 people in the raids. Well, by the time i've quit, my guild was only having me because i was fun, apparently, i just didn't want to adjust anymore, it was no fun.

I wish i wish there where a proper solo-version of wow, at some point i actually enjoyed solo-play a lot more, or maybe with 1 or 2 friends. Well, back in the beginning raiding was the big thing everyone was looking forward to, and i think you've missed something, it was really cool back then.

What also buggs me massively is: They REMOVED the freaking attunement quests! I get why they should be optional once the next addon is out, but especially the UBRS, MC and Ony pre-quest been some of the most epic and cool quest chains in the classic content, and they removed them, instead of just making them optional for example, and that's why i freaking hate Blizzard, they removed everything that was special, and dear to me. Now that they also effed up their Diablo frenchise, i'd gladly say that i will never purchase another Pissard game again. I'm sure Sucktivision helped.

Reminds me of a joke.

Guy with an erection walks into a glass door, he hurt his nose.

I'm scared of doing online Monster Hunter because of how much I've heard about veterans bashing newer players for not knowing a monster's tells or how to expertly use their weapons.
That is basically what single player is for. Also, I have never run into that since I started playing Freedom Unite online with xlink, most g+ rank guys are pretty helpful.

Reminds me of a joke.

:lol:

Any game that tries to be competitive or an esport automatically has a shit community.

And well sucks in general.

I have noticed that of late. It's a shame |:

Any game that tries to be competitive or an esport automatically has a shit community.

It's funny how 2000ish everyone wanted multiplayer in games because it was fun and gave more of a challenge and team work.

Now I wish everything was single player again cause only idiots plays online.

It's funny how 2000ish everyone wanted multiplayer in games because it was fun and gave more of a challenge and team work.

Says the guy who is constantly pestering everyone to play online with him.

Don't forget to chill that burn. :3

But i agree, even many of the MP portions we get in many games these days are more or less just some crap put together to justify binding the game to an account. I hate that, we need to fix that. Anyone still remembers Wheel of Time from '99? That thing had it all, somewhat tough but very cool SP, and the most amazing MP mode ever. You got a citadel, and you had to place traps, a bit like later again in Orcs Must Die, and then your opponent had to steal something, and that was pretty hilarious, especially in LAN, back then we still had LAN Parties, imagine that.

Haha, that is true! But that's because playing pubs with random people is impossible. I sware their either retarded or stupid, and they never talk and when they do talk it's to bitch at everyone.

Haha, that is true! But that's because playing pubs with random people is impossible. I sware their either retarded or stupid, and they never talk and when they do talk it's to bitch at everyone.

Perhaps we could become a dynamic duo? :o

Reminds me of a joke.

I believe that's a jew joke that you just made more pc.

I thought it was an asian joke.
If it was an asian joke he wouldn't have that big of an erection.
Which is why he hit his nose.

I thought it was an asian joke.
If it was an asian joke he wouldn't have that big of an erection.
Which is why he hit his nose.

1297993809970.png

1297993809970.png.188db7c2b5e8c65415d25d

Sign in to follow this