Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BaynePlauge

Can anyone confirm that the game has online coop?

There's no evidence saying it does have online coop and just wanted to know for sure. I wanted to do a lets play with my friend who is on his industrial year at the mo and thus can't join me in on it. We would be playing on xbox 360. Its something we really wanna do so would like to know for sure if you can or not.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Lastfallproductions

This is my channel, we have done a few episode on Ben there Dan that, then Dan went away. Would love to do an adventure game with him again and this seems to be the one.

Can someone please confirm and maybe put it somewhere so people know?

First off, you stole my avatar from 5 months ago, you jerk! :P

Secondly, I believe its only couch Co op. Even for the PC version. Which is strange.

Secondly, I believe its only couch Co op. Even for the PC version. Which is strange.

Why is it strange for pc version I got an xbox controller keyboard mouse all different control devices.

Why is it strange for pc version I got an xbox controller keyboard mouse all different control devices.

Because PC games have been online or LAN enabled since Doom. And I have trouble picturing my friends and I huddling around a PC screen.

Because PC games have been online or LAN enabled since Doom. And I have trouble picturing my friends and I huddling around a PC screen.

Pc games have now had a lot of couch coop added in, trine, jamestown and magika being prime examples. Its just still a surprise when it happens. Any way shame no online coop, we got really excited for a moment there.

Still will pick it up and try and do something with it.

Here's a recent (as in, posted today) quick explanation DF game for the local-only co-op: "In our playtesting, we found that as an adventure game, it made more sense with people in the same room. Trust us!"

From what I've seen, it looks like it's basically game-facilitated hotseat, and that probably wouldn't work too well online, especially if you didn't have a good way of communicating with your partner.

Here's a recent (as in, posted today) quick explanation DF game for the local-only co-op: "In our playtesting, we found that as an adventure game, it made more sense with people in the same room. Trust us!"

From what I've seen, it looks like it's basically game-facilitated hotseat, and that probably wouldn't work too well online, especially if you didn't have a good way of communicating with your partner.

Could you link where they said this so i can have a little rant. I would except the reason of lack of budget and so on. But this being a consious choice is a bad one. If i could play with my mate couch coop i would, but its not possible, and its just so nuts he can't play this game with me or anyone else because hes all alone on his industrial placement. Its just really sad. We were a pretty excited for this.

Could you link where they said this so i can have a little rant. I would except the reason of lack of budget and so on. But this being a consious choice is a bad one. If i could play with my mate couch coop i would, but its not possible, and its just so nuts he can't play this game with me or anyone else because hes all alone on his industrial placement. Its just really sad. We were a pretty excited for this.

It was from DF's twitter account. I have a feeling that budget factored into the issue too.

I personally don't mind it. Even if a game has co-op, I usually play it single player unless the single player campaign is atrocious. I just can't get immersed in a game if there's another person there with me.

Sorry for adventure gaming I see 0 reason playing online its the one type of game that no fun to play online you need immediate response from the other people you playing with. People most of the time suck playing together online whatever game.

We have another thread where myself and others whine about this... I really don't see that Vent / steam chat etc etc couldn't work well. Still, whatever, I doubt we'll make an impression or tell them anything of which they aren't already aware.

We have another thread where myself and others whine about this... I really don't see that Vent / steam chat etc etc couldn't work well. Still, whatever, I doubt we'll make an impression or tell them anything of which they aren't already aware.

Communication "difficulties" can't be the reason. Since PC players are pretty much used to using Ventrilo/TeamSpeak/Mumble what have you. It would have been awesome to play this with online coop. Then again, putting effort to ensure it works properly would have meant less time to develop other areas of the game.

For reasons, it's not possible for me to use the local coop feature - and I really would have wanted to play this online :)

Adventure games are always the most fun when you are playing with a friend at your side. This is how Ron enjoyed playing when he grew up, so the local co-op is our attempt to capture that same feeling. It is also really fun to be able to reach over and smack your friend when they won't use the item for the next puzzle correctly (at least for me).

Also, everyone has different preferences, so do let us know guys! I can't promise things will change, but we read everything that's posted here. Telling us what you prefer is the best way to give us a reason to make changes in the future =)

This is my petition post for apple //e support. And a double fine hat that will fit my massive head.

I just registered to say: We, three friends, *really* need the online coop. Please, please make this happen!

I just registered to say: We, three friends, *really* need the online coop. Please, please make this happen!

Online functionality takes fair bit of work don't think they are gonna spend so much resources to implement that.

I would also benefit from online multiplayer as most of my gaming buddies are out of state and I don't have enough controllers to make this work even if they were here.

Well, I also think that the game would be even better with a online co-op option. As said, online communication is not a problem, at least for PC players, and if there were 3 people, you wouldn't have to be switching between characters constantly, which is one of the few things that I found annoying while playing. I agree that having your friends with you can be great, but for many people, including me, this is not such an easy task. Therefore, why not, at least, give us the chance to select between local and online co-op?

I can imagine that it´s probably not easy to implement, but I think it would be a really nice addition for the game... you could even try to boost the sales with reduced price packs of 3 copies of the game ;)

Sign in to follow this