Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Connope

Wii U Gamepad

From what I can tell, no. All you can do with the gamepad (at least early on) is switch characters, which actually takes more effort than just using the d-pad. I'm disappointed myself, I like off-TV play a lot.

We don't currently support only playing on the gamepad.

Edit:

maybe if many people ask, they can bring it on on some update

Giving us this type of feedback is the best way to get us to make changes though!

We don't currently support only playing on the gamepad.

Edit:

maybe if many people ask, they can bring it on on some update

Giving us this type of feedback is the best way to get us to make changes though!

I would love playing it on the gamepad

I have fallen in love with the Wii U Pro Controller. I quickly abandoned the gamepad for the pro controller on many of the games I'm playing (like Mass Effect 3 and The Cave). If the gamepad doesn't add a lot of nice stuff I just go for that controller instead.

That being said, I would like it if the game could be played entirely on the gamepad. It's easier to play without disrupting the family! I would add my vote to having that done.

Seth B.

Just an FYI that tried to support pretty much any controller that Nintendo supports, including the WiiU Gamepad, pro controller, and Wiimotes.

WiiU Gamepad only play was something that we had to cut due to time and, surprisingly due to some tricky audio issues when you play in that mode. Though you might expect the DRC only play to be something that the WiiU supports "out of the box" for every game, it actually has to be implemented on a per-title basis. In the end, we wanted to put as much focus on the quality of the game as most people will play it, rather than spread ourselves too thin.

Anyway, we hope you folks enjoy Cave WiiU!

Just an FYI that tried to support pretty much any controller that Nintendo supports, including the WiiU Gamepad, pro controller, and Wiimotes.

WiiU Gamepad only play was something that we had to cut due to time and, surprisingly due to some tricky audio issues when you play in that mode. Though you might expect the DRC only play to be something that the WiiU supports "out of the box" for every game, it actually has to be implemented on a per-title basis. In the end, we wanted to put as much focus on the quality of the game as most people will play it, rather than spread ourselves too thin.

Anyway, we hope you folks enjoy Cave WiiU!

Yup totally understandable. I just hope the fine folks at DF consider bringing this feature once all priority issues are solved :)

Downloading the game now Wii

Adding a Gamepad-only mode would definitely rock!

Being able to play at any time at any place in my flat in addition to the standard couch & TV combo is IMHO one of the WiiU's best features (as stupid as it might sound).

GamePad only mode would have been a nice luxury but it doesn't stop the game from being awesome so no worries. I'm excited to see future DF projects use the gamepad though!

I add my vote for a "GamePad only" update. I was surprised to discover that this was not included, but I can understand why you didn't make it eventually. But, if an update is possible, that would be perfect!

I was hoping that, as an extension of Gamepad play, that the Co-Op would be made better with it. Two screens means two players can spread out more. Would have been a neat feature.

In NZ Cave is $20 on xbox and $25 on PC/ Wii U. If this had off TV support I would snap buy this on Wii U. Currently looking at buying on Xbox (which I rarely play these days)

Chiming in as well here. If this game would support 'Gamepad Only' mode, it would be an instabuy! Really, if it's one thing that makes me believe the Wii U will survive and prosper, it would be the Gamepad Only mode.

I bought the game last night and I am really enjoying it! Please consider patching in gamepad support in the future. Thanks for a fun and different game!

I'm also adding my vote for the GamePad support. I wanted to buy for Wii U at first, but now I'm not so sure anymore, because I expected it to be in.

i am sitting here my wiiu downloaded the cave, installed, yet i cant play cause my wife is watching some pbs crime drama. PATCH GAMEPAD PLAY SUPPORT. that was the main reason i bought it on wii u. guess next time ill do my homework, or just save myself 15 bucks. double fine, first time ive been disapointed in one of your products.

Definitely my vote for gamepad only. Also, if we could swap char's using the triggers, it would be a huge plus. I know we can use the D-pad and touch the screen, but the triggers are right there anyway and unused. :)

^Actually, the triggers are used for "Insta-Kill" if you press both at the same time as far as I know.

Yes please make game pad only play the first on the list of features to add. I also thought this would be a given since it perfectly fits the game. Give us the full wiiu experience!

It's an amazing game!

^Actually, the triggers are used for "Insta-Kill" if you press both at the same time as far as I know.
Insta-kill? Never tried that myself. And either way, isn't that if you press both triggers? Still doesn't mean we can't change char's by pressing just one. Or the shoulder pads, for that matter. :)

I already bought the game on WiiU knowing that there is no support for it. But it would be very nice if you add it with an update!

I already bought the game on WiiU knowing that there is no support for it. But it would be very nice if you add it with an update!

Same here. Please add some game pad support. It's perfect for it.

Thx

I'll have to put a vote in for Gamepad support, it would really work well on the screen I think. Co-op would be a lot better with it too imho, I played 3 player on it yesterday and the twins level ended up very one sided.

I can appreciate there must have been difficulty in getting it to work as well as it is with it being Doublefine's first Nintendo game and so on but if it can be patched, it would be fantastic.

While I'm here, I would just like to say I think Mr. Gilbert Esq. and the team have done a fantastic job and I'd love it if he and Doublefine somehow got the rights to Monkey Island from Disney. He's clearly got the adventure game skills and I'd love to see a return of 'proper' adventure games again.

(This post has unintentionally become some sort of wishlist akin to writing a letter to Santa :) )

Thanks again, it's heartening to see Ron Gilbert's name in lights once more.

Hi, I created an account on this forum just to ask for the option to play solely on the Gamepad to be added too. That would actually make me buy the game. Hopefully my dream come true ~!

Sign in to follow this