Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Connope

Wii U Gamepad

The Miiverse channel is btw. a good source to see how many peoply would be happy for the gamepad support, or wait for it before they buy it.

There is much more response on the cave + wii u than here.

Do you think is a hard work to add the offscreen play ? will it ask lot of effort to patch the game (nintendo validation and costs for the process ?)

and finally, will it make the game sold better on the plateform ?

I dunno, but you can add me to the people asking for this :)

The Miiverse channel is btw. a good source to see how many peoply would be happy for the gamepad support, or wait for it before they buy it.

There is much more response on the cave + wii u than here.

I was going to mention this, but it was already very well said. MiiVerse has a lot of folks requesting this though I am sure just asking for it does not take into account the cost of implementing it. It would be a wonderful feature to have and possible selling point for folks on the fence still. I could have used it the other night when my wife was watching TV (played Sonic All Stars instead).

Just want to second the motion for off-TV play support. In my house, we frequently use the Wii U without the TV -- heck, I finished 1/2 of New Super Mario Bros. U without a TV! I've finished The Cave with the Adventurer, Twins, and Monk -- would like to finish the other characters without a TV if possible (wife likes to watch her food and house shows).

Please make it happen!

Just an FYI, I don't recall EVER using the touchpad once to switch characters.

Gonna have to chime in - please add gamepad support! If it's not feasable for the Cave, at least add it for any upcoming Wii U titles. I've no idea if Double Fine is planning to release a Wii U version of 'Reds', but if so, please include off-screen play! I'm a backer, but I'd buy the game again just for the off-screen feature.

That said, I'm really enjoying the Cave so far :)

Just an FYI, I don't recall EVER using the touchpad once to switch characters.

Same here, it seems really inconvenient to me when the D-Pad does the same thing much faster. What I do like about this though is that it give you some really nice close-ups of the characters ^-^

I sometimes wish there was a zoom-in function in the game so I could see my actions and the gorgeous visuals more clearly in some situations.

Insta-buy if you guys put off screen on, the demo was a blast, but my mrs dominates the tele during prime time. NSMBU was so awesome playing through offscreen, it really is the wiiu killer feature for me!

If offscreen doesn't come to wiiu i'll pick this up in steam sales i guess.

Insta-buy if you guys put off screen on, the demo was a blast, but my mrs dominates the tele during prime time. NSMBU was so awesome playing through offscreen, it really is the wiiu killer feature for me!

If offscreen doesn't come to wiiu i'll pick this up in steam sales i guess.

I am ready to pay more for the game on WiiU if that unvaluable feature is included. Come on Double Fine :(

Please, bring this feature. I would love to play this game on my gamepad :)

A lot of players also ask on miiverse how to play on gamepad, we would be happy to have this feature.

Sign in to follow this