Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ace2020boyd

has the PC version been delayed

And still no mention of a linux version... what's going on double fine??

what are you crazy? of course there is a linux version!

Call me crazy, but on steam / amazon / whatever there's no mention of a linux version..... crap, i don't want to install windows just to play this game!

I pre-ordered/pre-purchased so that I could stay home and play The Cave today. The idea was that I'd save a bit of time and could download as soon as it was available. I didn't want to run into any problems with my bank or Steam. It meant having the time to sort things out before the 23rd. Since the game appeared in my library minus the download link, I made the decision to take a vacation day. Some people travel, go to the movies, eat out at restaurants, buy expensive liquor, collect memorabilia, etc. I do this.

I'll admit it's not the same situation, but all I can think about is the Seinfeld episode where Jerry makes reservations for a rental car.

This is really lame. Why the delay? PC users are forced to wait because console users are having problems? 'Cause that doesn't make sense, unless you've signed some sort of crappy deal with SEGA where the console versions get priority status.

Oh well. Guess I'll just be reading and watching Slasher movies all day.

And still no mention of a linux version... what's going on double fine??

what are you crazy? of course there is a linux version!

Call me crazy, but on steam / amazon / whatever there's no mention of a linux version..... crap, i don't want to install windows just to play this game!

Calm down, isn't a tweet from Ron Gilbert confirmation enough? :D

"This just in: The Cave PSN + Wii U on Jan 22 and XBLA + Steam on Jan 23. Plus... Mac and Linux on Steam Play!! "

It is only delayed by 6 hours so nothing to worry about.

Its been delayed by 12 hours in Europe before it was going to be playable at 20:00 now its 08:00 next morning.

It was actually counting down to 6pm GMT originally, so it's a 14 hour delay :(

Not the end of the world of course, just a bit disappointing!

I'm sure regional delays stops the piracy........ nah, it's the same old with the big publishers again and again.

Free tip to SEGA: Worldwide release=Profit!

It was showing as a 6 hour delay a short time ago but steam has now updated it until tomorrow now so should be around 8.00 am GMT, still it's nothing major.

That is really dissapointing.. First i thought i could play it yesterday on the wiiu but then it came out that PAL region is going to be later. Then i though oh at least steam will be everywhere the same. And now steam says it is going to be release on the 24th!! i thought the release was going to be the 22/23 not the 23/24th

i guess i'll check the wiiu again meaby it will be out there by now at least. but its still very frustrating when one has been waiting so long for this day to arrive.

Ron Gilbert just posted this on twitter:

"The Steam version of The Cave will go live this afternoon PST. Sorry for the delays."

That is really dissapointing.. First i thought i could play it yesterday on the wiiu but then it came out that PAL region is going to be later. Then i though oh at least steam will be everywhere the same. And now steam says it is going to be release on the 24th!! i thought the release was going to be the 22/23 not the 23/24th

i guess i'll check the wiiu again meaby it will be out there by now at least. but its still very frustrating when one has been waiting so long for this day to arrive.

Mac and PC should be out today in the US. Hopefully it'll be live before it gets too late there. We'll have a more exact ETA shortly.

Guys, guys. It's coming today! Ol Ronnie Boy said on Twitter that he throws the Activation Switch, not Steam!

He said the countdown is just plain wrong.

Have no fear! Ron's in charge! He'll handle it

Well maybe in your timezone, but not in mine.

The delay means I will not be able to play before tomorrow evening :(

Guys, guys. It's coming today! Ol Ronnie Boy said on Twitter that he throws the Activation Switch, not Steam!

He said the countdown is just plain wrong.

Have no fear! Ron's in charge! He'll handle it

Link to said post?

Mac and PC should be out today in the US. Hopefully it'll be live before it gets too late there. We'll have a more exact ETA shortly.

Well here in CET timezone it's 8pm so i hope at whatever US time it is released its not too late to get some cave time over here today. but thanks alot for the update :D can't wait to hear the ETA ^_^

Says nothing about turning switches or countdown being plain wrong

Vargas Prime‏@Jason_Gio

@grumpygamer you sure? Steam is currently showing ~14 hours, which puts it roughly at 3-4am EST tomorrow.

2h Ron Gilbert‏@grumpygamer

@Jason_Gio We're the ones that flip the switch, so that is just wrong.

Read links more carefully.

And a more recent update, Ron says that the game releases on Steam at 4PM PST, so 7PM EST.

Is the omission of Linux there intentional?

i know you guys trust ron, but the lack of a penguin next to the downloads is making me nervous. First and last time i ever preorder! (or maybe they're just testing our faith in our double overlords)

i know you guys trust ron, but the lack of a penguin next to the downloads is making me nervous. First and last time i ever preorder! (or maybe they're just testing our faith in our double overlords)

We're committed to The Cave on Linux, but we have one serious issue that we're still sorting through before we can release it in good faith. There are also some odds and ends due to still raw Steam Linux features (like case sensitivity in Cloud saves). We'll work to get it released as soon as we feel it's solid.

oh well i caved and bought the game again on wiiu where it was out already. Started with the hilbilly the time traveller and the twins. So i can play the others on linux once it gets release there aswell. :D

Sign in to follow this