Sign in to follow this  
Howlstone

Do you want bugs to be reported?

The femur item was not present in my first playthrough of The Island, which makes it un-completable. Work-around is to save and quit, then restart and continue and the femur item appears.

These are in 1920 X 1080 with V Sync...

Zoomed and Unzoomed... both look... a little... well pixelated. Is the resolution too high? What's the original resolution? I was going to see what the rights were on getting some of as backgrounds possibly since Daniel posted some of this on his tumblr, but I don't even know if it's worth it.

Sorry for the image size, but if I show them any smaller you won't see what I'm seeing.

8409468719_7a9d940b87_o.jpg

8410563466_82f5c1e2aa_o.png

Ignore my previous post. I was missing something. Though I could swear I was all over the place and that one item I needed to solve the puzzle wasn't there.

[spoilerS]

It was the femur that I needed that was in the pirate cave where the explosive barrel were. I'm sure I didn't see that item there until I quit the game and restarted it after I gave up in frustration. But I could be wrong. :P

[/spoilerS]

I think I've hit a bug in the Time Traveler area. My party is the Time Traveler, the Twins, and the Scientist. First, it took me a really long time to move the rock that's over the trickle of water. I tried it first by moving it and having my character stand in front of it, but when I switched times the rock would end up back over the water. The only way I managed to make it work was to have the character actively pushing the rock when I switched characters (and time periods). I'm not sure if that's by design or not but it's not intuitive, I would have spent far less time stuck if my original attempt to stand in front of the rock had worked like it seemed it should have.

But here's the bigger issue: I got the well in the present. I try to use the well and there's an animation with a flash of a bucket but the bucket never actually rises. And when I go into the future there's no bucket. I've tried it both with the twins in the past holding the rock and the scientist at the well, and vice versa (the time traveler's always in the future).

I'm playing on PSN. Tried quitting and reloading but the same thing happens. I don't have any items with me and no way that I can tell to get out of this area.

Is this a bug? Is there anything I can do? Since the game autosaves, I seem to be stuck here...

I think I've hit a bug in the Time Traveler area. My party is the Time Traveler, the Twins, and the Scientist. First, it took me a really long time to move the rock that's over the trickle of water. I tried it first by moving it and having my character stand in front of it, but when I switched times the rock would end up back over the water. The only way I managed to make it work was to have the character actively pushing the rock when I switched characters (and time periods). I'm not sure if that's by design or not but it's not intuitive, I would have spent far less time stuck if my original attempt to stand in front of the rock had worked like it seemed it should have.

But here's the bigger issue: I got the well in the present. I try to use the well and there's an animation with a flash of a bucket but the bucket never actually rises. And when I go into the future there's no bucket. I've tried it both with the twins in the past holding the rock and the scientist at the well, and vice versa (the time traveler's always in the future).

I'm playing on PSN. Tried quitting and reloading but the same thing happens. I don't have any items with me and no way that I can tell to get out of this area.

Is this a bug? Is there anything I can do? Since the game autosaves, I seem to be stuck here...

I can't tell for sure what you're doing or if you've done this... BUT...

just like where you need to still be holding ON the rock while swapping characters, the same must be done for the bucket. Push the wheel and as you hold the square button, swap to your character in the present. This will bring you a bucket that you can then use to continue on.

If it's not holding square and swapping, then I have no ide what to say. A lot of this game was NOT intuitive, some of the puzzles are a serious freaking headache and despite what Ron Gilbert said over and over about platforming not mattering... he lied. It matters... it's as much a platformer as an adventure game. I'm not complaining about that... I'm complaining that he lied. Wait till you get to "the island"... most of it other than some out of the box thinking is a platforming like puzzle that is not in anyway an adventure game. Is it fun? Yes! Does it look awesome and play well? Yes. Is it an adventure game? That can be argued.

Bug in island area on PSN w/ hillbilly, scientist, knight. Hit square to pick up pipe piece in cave near cave painting. Was unable to leave story screen. Let it idle 15 mins+ just to see if it was lag. Had to power down to restart.

On Xbox 360, I experienced a bug in the pirate cave. Femur bone did not spawn where the explosive barrels are located. I tried to figure out the solution for almost an hour, then watched a walkthrough and realised my game had glitched. I exited the game, clicked continue and the femur bone was there. Simple glitch but resulted in a lot of time wasted (because there was no way for me to know that the game had glitched).

On a side note, finished the game once and absolutely love it (otherwise I wouldn't be on here trying to help!).

I love that Herman Toothrot makes an appearance, but anyway when he was sitting in the boat to leave the island, I jumped over it with the twins, trying to swim back I got stuck in the boat and had to restart the game.

Just for the record, I've been playing the game today on Windows (MBP 13", mid 2012, Intel HD 4000) and it's been a smooth experience! Not only bug-free, but also the performance and responsiveness are much improved and the game runs flawlessly at 1280x800 with all graphics effects turned on.

It seems that the HD 4000 is not that crappy a card after all! I figure Intel has finally got their act together with good drivers (at least for Windows) and is also enjoying the benefits of having a GPU and CPU in the same chip :)

These are in 1920 X 1080 with V Sync...

Zoomed and Unzoomed... both look... a little... well pixelated. Is the resolution too high? What's the original resolution? I was going to see what the rights were on getting some of as backgrounds possibly since Daniel posted some of this on his tumblr, but I don't even know if it's worth it.

Sorry for the image size, but if I show them any smaller you won't see what I'm seeing.

Might I suggest posting huge images as links?

Steam/PC version. Adventurer, Time Traveller, Twins combo.

While in the tomb, I'd put the Twins in the 'rabbit room' with the switches and realised I could probably do with the Time Traveller in there too so put TT next to the hole/door and moved the Adventurer onto the rabbit switch. When I changed back to the TT, she was stuck in the floor, just under where she'd been stood. I could move her around inside the floor and walls but couldn't get out at all. I've a screenshot of what I mean though I'm not sure it's too helpful. It's where I ended up, legs poking through.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=122435177

Saving/reloading freed her from the wall and allowed me to move around again but leads me to this related question - does the rabbit switch only work once? Standing the Adventurer on it again doesn't open the segment of the floor any more. There's a sound-effect of sliding rock but the gap remains closed.

I have a bug to report as well. I'm on XBox 360 and when coming up from the guard dog who is sleeping (I was the knight, if that matters), the third ledge up from that part I grabbed onto to hoist myself up, but got my feet implanted into the rock! I had to do a save and exit and then continue. This let me try again but I got stuck again...eventually I jumped in a different way but I was worried I was going to have to start all over.

I can't tell for sure what you're doing or if you've done this... BUT...

just like where you need to still be holding ON the rock while swapping characters, the same must be done for the bucket. Push the wheel and as you hold the square button, swap to your character in the present. This will bring you a bucket that you can then use to continue on.

Wow, thank you, that was it. Thanks for saving me from starting over and losing 4+ hours of progress! :)

That's really not intuitive... I don't think the other well behaved that way. I also got stuck for a little while before I figured out how to get into this area, because I didn't get how the time traveler's ability worked -- I was just pressing the button and not holding it down. I guess I should start holding down buttons more often...

Steam PC

I'm not sure if this was a bug or glitch but...

using Knight, Adventurer and Time Traveler

I finished the miner mission last night and fell to in front of the Adventurer's Door that opens automatically.

I saved and Quit but when I opened the game this morning, I was back at the beginning of the miner mission with it incomplete.

While in the tomb, I'd put the Twins in the 'rabbit room' with the switches and realised I could probably do with the Time Traveller in there too so put TT next to the hole/door and moved the Adventurer onto the rabbit switch. When I changed back to the TT, she was stuck in the floor, just under where she'd been stood. I could move her around inside the floor and walls but couldn't get out at all. I've a screenshot of what I mean though I'm not sure it's too helpful. It's where I ended up, legs poking through.

Saving/reloading freed her from the wall and allowed me to move around again but leads me to this related question - does the rabbit switch only work once? Standing the Adventurer on it again doesn't open the segment of the floor any more. There's a sound-effect of sliding rock but the gap remains closed.

Seems whatever that first bug did, broke the switch/door for me. I thought I could use The Twins ability to activate two switches at the same time but it fades as soon as it goes off-screen. Basically, I can get no further in this game. I'd love to hear I'm being a massive goof and missed something obvious but this does feel like a bug.

Seems whatever that first bug did, broke the switch/door for me. I thought I could use The Twins ability to activate two switches at the same time but it fades as soon as it goes off-screen. Basically, I can get no further in this game. I'd love to hear I'm being a massive goof and missed something obvious but this does feel like a bug.

Put the twins on the right most lever you have about 5 secs to do the run and jump.

Found a bug...

SPOILER!!!!

Platform: PC, Steam (XBOX-Controller)

Characters: Knight, Twins, Time Traveller

Zone: Mine

I tried to get the empty minecart for the miner.

I jumped in the rolling minecart with the knight.

In the next room, I tried to reach the switch (without the shovel), but i pressed LT+RT and killed the knight.

He was then stuck in a wall. (I may have killed him again while "flying" as ghost) [Picture 1]

I killed him again and he was in the right position, but now he was standing in the air and it looked like he was climbing the wall.

I could not move and was only able to turn him. [Picture 2 & 3]

Killing him again didn't change anything.

The minecart was now occupied and the other characters could only stand on the cart. [Picture 4]

Restarting the game solved the issue.

Pictures: Mine Bug

Thank you for an amazing game :D

We also discovered this bug and spent over an hour trying all possibilities, even unable to complete the level after following a video guide on youtube.

PC Steam 2 Controllers, 1 keyboard. Twins, Time Traveller, Monk.

In the past push the boulder to the right half way up the hill (the location needs to be perfect other wise it wont smash)

Whilst still holding onto the boulder switch to the present character and crank the shaft,

If there is a broken smashed boulder on the right you can progress, if not try again. Hold down the action button while swapping.

Go to the future and if you're lucky and i mean REALLY LUCKY the bucket will spawn and not glitch out and disappear inexplicably.

Hope this helps, Good luck!

Im just on the "Zoo" level and I got a hot dog out of the vending machine, but the characters dont pick it up when using the interact button. They just put their arm out and nothing happens

Put the twins on the right most lever you have about 5 secs to do the run and jump.
I think you might be thinking of somewhere else as there is no run and jump where I'm describing. It's the room with the four pressure plates and animal glyphs. Two need to be pressed simultaneously and a bug appears to be stopping me from getting the Time Traveller into the room.

Either way, I tried what you suggested and even using their special power, the sound effect for the switch disengaging plays long before they reach the other switch.

STEAM/PC graphic glitch on fullscreen. Radeon 5770

Games looks like http://i.imgur.com/Pl5I0Ho.jpg instead of http://i.imgur.com/Rk4Q2wo.jpg (i'm posting links as i don't want to annoy anyone with very large pictures the forums automatically creates )

The workaround is playing windowed but i'd really like to know what's causing this. I'm looking at my Catalyst Control center but i can't seem to find anything that wouldn't be set to be controlled by application. Any ideas?

Im just on the "Zoo" level and I got a hot dog out of the vending machine, but the characters don't pick it up when using the interact button. They just put their arm out and nothing happens

For PC, the E button is interact and the C button is pickup/drop/switch items. Interact lets you pick up items, but in this instance it's trying to use the hot dog machine first, so press the other one. (You can check the pause menu > Controls to find which buttons is right for your version)

Wow, just bought this game on Xbox, after playing trial. But it just hangs there!

I am at the waterfall, and when I jumped in, I got the message about paying. So I bought the game, but now when I jump into the waterfall,

the camera doesn't follow the twins that jumped, and I can't switch anymore to another character. So the game is completely unplayable!!

I saw that another user posted this earlier in this thread, but his suggestion of exiting the game and then restarting it didnt work.

I don't really want to start over again, but will try that probably.

I used the knight, the monk and the twins.

The game is just totally not playable this way!

Weird that such a showstopper gets through. Means Double Fine will have to release a costly patch for the Xbox version...

I hope their looking into why the cave drawings don't look HQ on a higher resolution/zoom in. It's really an unfortunate situation.

Wow, just bought this game on Xbox, after playing trial. But it just hangs there!

I am at the waterfall, and when I jumped in, I got the message about paying. So I bought the game, but now when I jump into the waterfall,

the camera doesn't follow the twins that jumped, and I can't switch anymore to another character. So the game is completely unplayable!!

I saw that another user posted this earlier in this thread, but his suggestion of exiting the game and then restarting it didnt work.

I don't really want to start over again, but will try that probably.

I used the knight, the monk and the twins.

The game is just totally not playable this way!

Weird that such a showstopper gets through. Means Double Fine will have to release a costly patch for the Xbox version...

Exiting the game worked for me. There is an alternative walkaround here: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/8431/

I wonder if this gamebreaking glitch is Microsoft's fault, because they are the ones that implement the 'Buy it Now' screen (as far as I am aware). So, I'm confident that this would not have been an issue when Double Fine submitted the game to Microsoft. If this is the case, you wouldn't think Double Fine would have to pay the $40k fee for a patch of this issue.

I came here to post this - either it's a bug or if intentional it's a really, really bad design choice. It's something you haven't had to do up until this puzzle so it's completely alien to the player. I spent over an hour knowing what the solution to the puzzle was but failing to actually do it for so long that I convinced myself that it wasn't the solution!

It really should be possible to solve it by just standing in front of the boulder to prevent it rolling back to the middle.

I'm sorta glad to hear I'm not the only one who got stuck on that time traveler thing! That's the only part of the game where I got really hung up, everything else was so intuitive and "figure-outable" that it just seemed it had to be a glitch...

Once I did what Reid suggested to get the bucket, it worked perfectly. I held the square button while cranking and then changed characters, and it worked right away for me. The boulder didn't seem to need to be smashed (I'm not exactly sure, anyway, why it was smashed sometimes and not other times...) I just don't think the game gave the feedback the player needed to be able to figure it out (and also don't think holding down the action button should have been necessary, for the boulder or the bucket, based on how other stuff works in the cave).

But this was the only frustrating point in the game, for me. I just finished my first playthrough and really loved it. And I don't think anyone "lied" about the game being a platformer or an adventure game or whatever... it is what it is. Hard to pigeonhole, but definitely creative and fun to play. IMO. :)

I encountered a game breaking bug on the Adventurer Level.

When trying to enter the room that gets opened with the rabbit pressure switch one of my characters (the twins - so actually two) fell into the wall and couldn't get out. After saving and reloading the twins are back in the normal area, but the hole in the ground that the rabbid pressure switch opened has closed, and the twins are outside. There seems to be no way to get them back in there or open the hole in the floor again.

I tried running back, so that the area would reset itself, and release all the characters, but thats not possible. I even tried editing the savegame files to change the coordinates where the characters are standing, but I didn't have any luck with that either.

I think the only solution is to restart the game.

That's really disappointing...

I encountered a game breaking bug on the Adventurer Level.

When trying to enter the room that gets opened with the rabbit pressure switch one of my characters (the twins - so actually two) fell into the wall and couldn't get out. After saving and reloading the twins are back in the normal area, but the hole in the ground that the rabbid pressure switch opened has closed, and the twins are outside. There seems to be no way to get them back in there or open the hole in the floor again.

I tried running back, so that the area would reset itself, and release all the characters, but thats not possible. I even tried editing the savegame files to change the coordinates where the characters are standing, but I didn't have any luck with that either.

I think the only solution is to restart the game.

That's really disappointing...

Usually falling through wall is fixable by killing the characters button 9 or 0.

Try the rabbit switch again but make sure that the character that is down isn't pressing any switch multiple switches cancel each other out.