Sign in to follow this  
Howlstone

Do you want bugs to be reported?

Hello DF,

I did a new install of Ubuntu, AMD beta driver crash the system.

The problem is data from The Cave is lost, SteamCloud don't work, I started a new game and mark 0 bytes (see image)

When I start a new game I move the mouse over the Monk (no clicks) don't show the name.

The first time I click the Hillbillie (el Paleto) or the Knight (el Caballero) "a" is missed (see images)

I play in spanish.

Cheers.

Steam Cloud currently isn't working on Linux (we're working on it), so if you did a completely new install, sorry but you've probably lost your save game.

Does the missing 'a' bug occur for the entirety of the game, or just the beginning characters? You can probably check with the crowbar or other items.

Hi DF Justin, thanks for reply,

Steam Cloud currently isn't working on Linux (we're working on it), so if you did a completely new install, sorry but you've probably lost your save game.

Umh, ok, no matter.

Does the missing 'a' bug occur for the entirety of the game, or just the beginning characters? You can probably check with the crowbar or other items.

Only when start a new game, the first time you click the character. The entirety game goes fine. I'm doing the second run.

We put in a speculative fix for this issue since we're having difficulties reproducing it in house. When the patch goes live, the banana should appear in front of the fruit bowl in this situation.

Thanks for your reply and response !!

I wait the patch in WiiU soon !

Thanks all Double Fine for your response and help !

Please, can you say to me the stimated date for the wiiu update?

Thanks !!

We put in a speculative fix for this issue since we're having difficulties reproducing it in house. When the patch goes live, the banana should appear in front of the fruit bowl in this situation.

Thanks for your reply and response !!

I wait the patch in WiiU soon !

Thanks all Double Fine for your response and help !

Please, can you say to me the stimated date for the wiiu update?

Thanks !!

Still no set date I can give you guys, sorry =(

Still no set date I can give you guys, sorry =(

Thanks for the response !

When you have a date, can you post here?

Thanks !

Did a minor search and didn't find this one, so I thought I'd post this minor bug: After getting all the mine cars back to the miner, have your third adventurer on the tracks be the knight, jump onto them and use his special ability just before you land on the tracks. The tracks didn't collapse for me.

Ubuntu 12.10 (64-bit), Xbox controller wired, not sure what else would be relevant.

three adventurers on the tracks.png

578d00342c853_threeadventurersonthetrack

You just went through the carnival... its close proximity to the mine area provides you with the ambiance *shudder*. If you didn't check out the map on Ron's blog, it's pretty obvious that's why you hear it in that room. It's a feature, not a bug.

The Complete Cave

You just went through the carnival... its close proximity to the mine area provides you with the ambiance *shudder*. If you didn't check out the map on Ron's blog, it's pretty obvious that's why you hear it in that room. It's a feature, not a bug.

Screams scares me! xD

Did a minor search and didn’t find this one, so I thought I’d post this minor bug: After getting all the mine cars back to the miner, have your third adventurer on the tracks be the knight, jump onto them and use his special ability just before you land on the tracks. The tracks didn’t collapse for me.

It remember me when you enter in the Zoo with the Knight and uses the invulnerability before the monster caught you.

Spoiler: Invulnerability don't work.

Scientist's Silo

Playing with the Scientist, Knight and Monk, I managed to get all characters past the laser at the top of the rocket by dodging it. So the scientist working at the terminal remains alive. Now there appears to be no way back and no way to go down in the lift.

Playing with Steam on a Mac if that makes a difference.

Not sure if you'd consider this a bug, but if you are in the employee area at the beginning of the game with the Monk, he can use his telekinesis to grab the bucket while it's still at the bottom of the well (if he's standing in the room with the grog and hot dog machines). If you go back to the well with the handle after you do this, you can't attach the handle and therefore can't access that Cave Painting on the other side of the well.

Kudos for having the gift shop clerk have a line regarding the well handle. :D

monk stole the bucket.png

578d003457884_monkstolethebucket.png.dc6

Scientist's Silo

Playing with the Scientist, Knight and Monk, I managed to get all characters past the laser at the top of the rocket by dodging it. So the scientist working at the terminal remains alive. Now there appears to be no way back and no way to go down in the lift.

Playing with Steam on a Mac if that makes a difference.

You might be stuck here, you can either edit your save files or send them into support and I will, but yeah, don't do that next time.

Not sure if you'd consider this a bug, but if you are in the employee area at the beginning of the game with the Monk, he can use his telekinesis to grab the bucket while it's still at the bottom of the well (if he's standing in the room with the grog and hot dog machines). If you go back to the well with the handle after you do this, you can't attach the handle and therefore can't access that Cave Painting on the other side of the well.

Kudos for having the gift shop clerk have a line regarding the well handle. :D

This is intentional actually! We wanted to give ways for people to use abilities to skip or at least partially skip sections. You just have to choose whether to 'cheat' forward or get the cave painting in this situation.

Yeah, I've used the Time Traveller and the Monk in similar situations (obtaining the sledge hammer at the carnival, opening the gate above the grog machine and hot dog machine in the employee area, etc.), I just didn't know if the inability to hook up the rusty crank was a bug or not.

I also have a bug to report, but on the Xbox 360 version.

I finished the demo, i.e. I jumped off the cliff into the water and it cut to the 'Buy Now' screen. I paid my 1200 points and continued playing, but the in-game camera immediately stopped functioning. I couldn't see my character and had to try and blindly jump out of the water. It also disabled the ability to swap between characters and the icon (showing which D-pad button is assigned to which character) had disappeared on screen.

The camera glitch made the game unplayable so I clicked 'Save & Exit' and then 'Continue Game' but the same problem happened. It started me with all 3 characters at the top of the cliff, but as soon as I jumped into the water, the camera stopped functioning properly. I then exited the game completely (to the dashboard) and then loaded the game back up. It then worked perfectly.

Wow, just bought this game on Xbox, after playing trial. But it just hangs there!

I am at the waterfall, and when I jumped in, I got the message about paying. So I bought the game, but now when I jump into the waterfall,

the camera doesn't follow the twins that jumped, and I can't switch anymore to another character. .

i got the same issue but on the ps3. (played with twins, scientist and time traveller). i played the trial, bought the game (without leaving the game) and then encountered aforementioned bug. exiting and restarting the game / ps3 didn't help, so i started a new game (with the same characters) - that worked.

There is a bug in the pyramid (adventurer section): to solve a puzzle there should be some paintings on the walls, but they are missing in my case (see screenshot). I play on Linux (Ubuntu 13.04) with an Intel HD4500 GPU.

Screenshot: http://ubuntuone.com/1z2Vx1DVZtItgH66dVBL8a

BTW Big thank you for supporting Linux, even if it is not flawless in my case :)

I can't seem to load my save game anymore, on the PC version. I select continue and there's a loading screen before getting kicked back to title screen. A few other people are having this problem here.

I suffer from something similar but I am on the PS3, the game just never loads. SPOILER the last save was when I used some noise device that had dead batteries to lure some beast. /SPOILERS when I tried to load the game again the game just kept loading and loading but never loaded. I've been stuck for weeks now, I tried to download a fresh copy of the game but that didn't help. Really wish there is a fix cos I really like the game and I've played way too much to start over again, I fear it will just happen again and I will end up getting this glitch.

Concerning the PS3 issue where the adventurer can't jump from the ladder and grab the ledge, some people claimed to have received an update (1.01, i think) which fixed the problem. But i'm still not getting any prompt to download the update. I tried deleting and reinstalling the game but still no luck:( Any idea why? Asian ps3 btw.

Just a minor thing:

In the Island section after draining the inner pool, the left grappling hook above it isn't fully functional.

The Adventurer, trying to get from the bottom on top of the left wall, can use her whip with the hook but lands just shy of the edge and falls back down.

Before the draining both hooks work, Adventurer can get from the bottom on top of the door and then on top of the left wall.

(I have Windows version.)

2013-04-09_00006.jpg

2013-04-09_00006.jpg.244b8a091aa9e40892b

Been playing Time Traveller / Knight / Twins in the Mac version and have encountered a bug in the Twins house.

After going through the whole umbrella, fuse, activate dumbwaiter thing, I try to get the Twins into the dumbwaiter using their ghost power. However, without any success: The Twins' ghost form briefly appears at the lever and the Twins themselves respawn at the entrance to the kitchen, making it impossible for the the Twins to use the dumbwaiter to travel. It makes the game unplayable with these characters.

Could you check your button mapping? It sounds like you have the insta-kill function bound to the same button as Use Special ability and want to make sure if you do/don't.

I had exactly the same problem with the Steam/Mac version playing with a XBOX controller. The default mapping of the button produced this error. When re-mapping Insta-Kill (which so far I didn't even know existed) this wouldn't happen anymore.