Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaggens

The Caveat of The Cave

It's fun, it's enjoyable, it's funny, it's beatiful...

...around 30-40% of time. Other 60-70% of gameplay you have to move each hero 1 by 1 from point A to point B, without much of a challenge around same scenery you've already seen dozen of times, intead of solving puzzles and admiring scenery/new characters/funny dialogue. A grain of salt, which could've been solved easily by implementing a single "gather everyone" button.

A very simple, but major flaw. I'm sorry.

I would agree with you if the game didn't look so damn good, it's a picturesque journey sort of game... plus most of the puzzles don't require everyone to be in the same location at once.

Also, some puzzles rely on your characters being separated, so it's not quite that easy to get around.

Not really. A miner and His Three Carts for example would be easy to make much less painfully slow if at the entrance of each cart chamber there would be an opportunity to gather everyone together.

Maybe a "Walk as a group" button would work better than a "Gather Everybody" button. That way you can't make puzzles unsolvable by teleporting the other characters away from a lever.

Maybe a "Walk as a group" button would work better than a "Gather Everybody" button. That way you can't make puzzles unsolvable by teleporting the other characters away from a lever.

Teleporting would probably be easier to quickly implement than following, though it wouldn't be super easy since there are parts where your characters being separated is part of the puzzle, so a teleport/follow button would have to be disabled during those parts, and implementing something that would work properly with situations like that is probably easier said than done.

Still, I do agree that something like that would be really nice to see.

Sign in to follow this