Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
steveau

About the credits...

The Cave is the first game I've finished where I have actually been excited to watch the credits.

Over the past couple of months, my girlfriend and I have watched the Amnesia Fortnight and Adventure documentaries... and consequently have grown fond of the Double Fine team.

When the Cave credits starting rolling... I was surprised and excited to see that Chris Remo was co-writer, and that JP was a designer/lead designer... and also recognising so many other great people: Levi, Brandon, Anna etc.

It's a real testament to the amount of PR work DoubleFine has invested of late.

Since watching the AF documentary, I became a Slacker Backer. Since becoming a Slacker Backer, I went back and purchased Psychonauts. I now own all of the DF games and, like everyone else on this forum, I want to support their fabulous work and ethos.

Kudos,

Steve

Was probably one of the first times for me where I felt the credits were going too fast LOL :) Trying to catch the names and remember all cool people from AF. Of course then the endless Sega list started.

Thanks! It's always great to see people actually read the credits, haha. I'm the kind of guy who stays in the theater after the movie is over to finish watching through all the credits.

I liked the credits too! I usually read them, even if I don't know most of the people involved. In this case, it felt like watching old friends' names come up in the credits.

Absolutely! Remo seems to be a real renaissance man (music for spacebase and now writer for The Cave)! I actually started to feel all defensive once the Sega credits started rolling. I'm all like "Schaaa, we know who really made this game ..." But them I'm like, no, they did their part too I'm sure. But do they really deserve to have nearly twice as many names listed as DF? I guess I don't know just how involved a publisher is when it's a downloadable game.

Seth B.

Thanks! It's always great to see people actually read the credits, haha. I'm the kind of guy who stays in the theater after the movie is over to finish watching through all the credits.

I always like to wait just to see who did the music ... and to listen to the music for the credits; as long as it isn't the sort of AAA-blockbuster-pop-song-thrown-in-just-to-get-an-oscar-nom kinda movie. But I rarely go to those any more. I'd rather spend my time watching things like the Red's documentary!!

Seth B.

Sign in to follow this