Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BrokenToilet

Second Play Through Tip

A lot of the reviews are saying that the third play through is dull because you only have one new character. Here's a tip: On your second trip through The Cave, take two new characters and one character from your first play through. That way your second and third adventures have the same amount of new content.

I'm going to do that - not because of replay value, but because I'm getting sentimentally attached to the knight and hillbilly. Not the twins, though... they're creepy.

I wish I had thought of this. Finished my 3rd playthrough yestetday, and finished the game so unbelievably quick (after already completing the 3 of the puzzles three times and 2 of the puzzles once). So, while it was slightly not as exciting, it's easy to plow through.

I took the Knight, Scientist, and Time Traveler on my first run, and I'm about 2/3rds through my second run now (did the first run solo, doing co-op with my nephew for the second run). For this one I took the Knight (again. So far, he's my favorite of the bunch), Adventurer, and Twins. Third run will probably be Time Traveler, Hillbilly, and Monk. Taking one old character and two new ones each run does seem to make it more fresh since, aside from having access to more new areas, some of the other puzzles that every group goes through are altered depending on the characters with you, and with more new characters, you'll see more altered puzzles..

The second run has been considerably faster to work through, though it may have partially been because my nephew had been playing his own copy on his 360 before he came over to visit, and he already knew the puzzle solutions for the Adventurer's area. It probably would have taken me a while to work through that area if I was on my own.

Sign in to follow this